Bluebird & Other Scale Models

midlife

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by midlife »

Well, i did a little minor reshaping of the helmet & mask, when I opened my tin of blue paint it resembled old jam, I thinned it out & gave him a coat, unfortunately it's going to need a second coat, more pics tomorrow.
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Well here we go, now that I've finally made a start on the cockpit sides my DMC is just too wide, I'll take a mill off each side tomorrow, glue his arms on, do a final tarting up with millliput & give him a final coat or two of paint.

Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife »

Over the weekend I made & fitted a dummy intake to give it some realism rather than just blanking them off.
I've also made a start on the canopy side & back mounts, really I should have made the canopy first & then make the mounts to fit, but that wouldn't be cricket now would it, far too many years at RR so I've forgotten that there is always a sensible easy way.
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ah, the eternal trap of the Bluebird K7 modeller.

The inlets aren't a semicircle when viewed from the front. They're flat on top across the width of the canopy and bulge out just above where they meet the deck.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
midlife

Post by midlife »

Renegadenemo wrote:Ah, the eternal trap of the Bluebird K7 modeller.

The inlets aren't a semicircle when viewed from the front. They're flat on top across the width of the canopy and bulge out just above where they meet the deck.

Hehe, I guess it's hard to see in that picture, iirc I offset the two rads by about 12mm, perhaps it's easier to see in this pic[.]
Cheers
Wayne

pmw1985

Post by pmw1985 »

Been looking for scale model to add to collection and found delta bravo models for CN7 & K7, look good but bit pricy, but will be worth it to add to my collection
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Personally I think the Delta stuff is not very accurate looking. Have you looked at Touchwood Models for a K7? Then there's afew variants of CN7 that were done that pop up on ebay. The Bizarre CN7 is very nice. There might be a re-release of the Western Models version in the future.
midlife

Post by midlife »

After a lot of experimentation & about 30 attempts, I think at last I might just have a viable canopy, party time[.]
Cheers
Wayne

pmw1985

Post by pmw1985 »

I will check out the touchwood K7.

many thanks
Perran
pmw1985

Post by pmw1985 »

I was talking to the Ruskin Museum last week and they was talking about a chrome K7 that will soon be forsale. Has anyone heard about this?