Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Ernie Lazenby

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Richie. This is the model. My sons K7 shown to show the difference in size.
DSCN6510.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

an interesting collection!
DSCN6520.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Fantastic !

I am a big fan of all things submersible too, with the advent of quality FPV systems I would think you could have quite a bit of fun these days, visibility pending of course.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

You're a terrific modeller, Ernie. I hope your health improves too.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Filtertron wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:52 pm You're a terrific modeller, Ernie. I hope your health improves too.
You don’t know me Ernie, but I know of you by reputation and would like to echo the comments above.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Thank you chaps for the kind comments they are appreciated, particularly at the moment when I am having a bad period. There are better exact scale modellers than me, Fred Harris (ex replicast) from Southport, Adrian Gosling at Speedline and others but what I seem to be able to do is get models of famous boats to run well at speed on water under radio control. I like to think the large K7 model I built for my son Ian is the best I have done in that many people have said that some of the footage of it on YouTube looks like the real K7 at speed; that's what I set out to do. I was also very fortunate that I was allowed to photograph and measure the wreck in detail resulting in a model that Bill says is the best he has seen.
Anyway my time is up for doing such models but its good to know some people think I did okay.
Richie

Post by Richie »

The model is considered the benchmark Ernie, I think that goes a little further than “Ok” ! I am busy looking at 1:200 Trumpeter made kits presently.... can easily spend money you don’t have on those kits ! Bismarck and Hood are particularly nice.

Check this out though, it may appeal to you (you will likely know the owner)

https://youtu.be/balkc5xeAoI
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I was also very fortunate that I was allowed to photograph and measure the wreck in detail resulting in a model that Bill says is the best he has seen.
And it still is. I'm yet to see a better one.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Brian posted some cracking online footage of your Crusader model running Ernie, looks like she is in good hands with Rich Marsh.

She don’t half have a big turning circle though which made me ask the question how prone was the model to want to tip / roll over ?

Fantastic work once again though !!!
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Thanks Ritchie for the kind comment. Rich has not yet got the knack of turning it and I think it was a windy day when he ran it. Turning whilst fully on the plane is not a good idea! The model has two rudders; one at the rear that lifts clear of the water when the boat is in the plane. without this rudder the model just is impossible to steer correctly on the front rudder at low speeds. Fully on the plane the front rudder works fine with very small amounts of movement from the high torque slow speed analogue servo.
I look forward to seeing Rich complete the boat sorry to see it go but as they say needs must.