Bluebird & Other Scale Models

longarmedgibbon

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by longarmedgibbon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:12 pm

I carn't beleive i **** out not putting my dads(ernie lazenby) k7 on the water yesterday. At 8 50 am the water suddenly turned mirror smooth perfect for a run out and the tv and press were egging me on to put it on the water. The boat hire bloke said they would get me a boat and i asked about the speed limit on coniston and he said he was the one that enforces it but wouldnt mind if i ran model. With everyone looking at me and all the press my arse just fell out. Im so dissapointed with my self as it would have been on the national news running so well around the 80 mph mark. but it was good to have all my dads models on display at the memorial service ,they made a good back drop on top of the memorial. Ive put some photos of my day on here. Ian lazenby
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

midlife

Post by midlife » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 am

Hi Ian,
Hehe, I've got to admit that the water did turn to glass at 8.50, I thought it was quite spiritual in a way, even DMC was egging you on....
Cheers
Wayne

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:06 am

I realy am kicking my self that i dint run it ill never get such a chance again to show case the model

midlife

Post by midlife » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 pm

midlife wrote:Hi all,
After a lot of trawling the interweb I think I've found the source of the K7 Nexus plans, I've ordered a set & I'll leave feedback when they arrive..
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/1 ... luebird-k7
Cheers
Wayne
Well, plans arrived, they sent the wrong one for a small engine. I emailed them & they apologised & said they will get the correct one printed & sent out to me.
I hate waiting for stuff...
Cheers
Wayne

lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi Wayne,
I Have been told about the Nexus K7 plans and have also seen them myself. Although the plans I supply, need possibly updating, depending on which form you wish to produce, for which update photos are also supplied. However, my plans are correct in detail if they are of 1956 era. Mine are also half the price.
Regard to all, Fred

midlife

Post by midlife » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi Fred, you sent me your plans cd over Xmas, I'll be using them & the Nexus plan for my next build.
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by midlife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:11 am

Light at the end of the tunnel has now been switched on..

From Model Boats magazine July 1994..
Cheers
Wayne

midlife

Post by midlife » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 pm

The Nexus plan arrived today & thankfully the correct one, to be fair they are crystal clear & the service I got was very good if you forget about them sending me the wrong plan at first.
I can thoroughly recommend them.
The scale is 1/8.4, I wonder how much bigger I dare go on my next build...
Fag packet for scale

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Ernie lazenby turbine k7 planing at about 80 mph. Notice how well its on top of the surface
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:44 pm

That nose just doesn't look right on the nexus plan.