Bluebird & Other Scale Models

lsrdatabase

Re: Bluebird Models

Post by lsrdatabase »

jonwrightk7 wrote:nice model mike, hope mine looks anything like that when i get it finished!
Hi John,
I have PM you, please PM me back, as I'm not sure it worked. Contact me off site or on my site if you prefer.
Regards, Fred

I'm just a pest, that won't go away!
klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:You're a different Andy to the one Mike didn't really make a model for. Now I'm confused!
Your restoring a boat,which is mostly a plane, which is named after a bird,which travels on shoes,which submerges now and again-and YOUR confused? :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
klingon

Post by klingon »

Mike Bull wrote:
a bird,which travels on shoes
Don't they all? :lol:
Only the lesser spotted Jimmychoo! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
f1steveuk

Re: Bluebird Plans - Model maker

Post by f1steveuk »

ace_chris wrote:There was a set of plans produced a few years back, at 1:9th scale. They were produced from some of Ken Norris's general arrangement plans of K7, and produced with his authority and permission. Think they appeared in Model boats magazine. Would perhaps suggest getting hold of a copy of these alternatively some plans are offered for sale on http://www.acrossthelake.com/ click the collectors tab and there is a whole bunch of plans for sale. Chris
Some of which (and the ones on Ebay) look very much like the ones I purchased from Vospers (as seen in Leap into Legend) that I let some one have, and are now being sold for £15. Nice :evil:
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Excelsior2007

Re: Bluebird Plans - Model maker

Post by Excelsior2007 »

I have this model of Bluebird as well. Though currently unable to access it cause it's down in Gloucestershire and I'm up here in Scotland. Painted it a nice shade of blue prior to when I get round to building it (I paint model parts before assembly - something I should have learned to do a long time ago).
Last edited by Mike Bull on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need for all the pics again!
ray

Post by ray »

bluebird K7 drawings were printed in uk magazine Model Boats july 1994
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote:We don't have an Andy.
You do now :D

Incidentally, I am part way through the build of a Speedline K7 as a working R/C model. Originally planned to use ducted fan propulsion, I had to abandon the idea when tests showed that the scale intakes and jetpipe strangled the thrust down to nothing. A prop it is, then; at least it won't be visible when the boat is on the water.

I agree with Mike that the kit isn't all that one would expect for the money; in particular, my spar fairings were so poorly formed as to be unusable, so I'll end up making new ones from scratch. That said, Mike's finished article is magnificent; I am inspired to complete mine to the same standard, although that means the real thing will probably be on the water first....
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

I fancied doing one of them CN7 kits untill the trouble i had with the K7 one. I thought it was my rubbish modeling skills till i read this lot. The only reason i got it finished was my wife said i couldnt.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

The Speedline Models kits, of both CN7 and K7 are poor. I understand the the K7 kit was originally designed for rocket propulsion but when this didn sell very well it was bastardised into a radoi controlled version. I mean, why design the bloody thing to have a rocket stuck up its arse, thus destroying it?!

I believe the CN7 model is a weeny bit more accurate, but was basically copied off another commercially available CN7 model. I remember that when the K7 kit was originally produced, Speedline models were going to donate a fee to the bluebird project from the sale of each kit, think it might even state that on the box. Wonder if that was/is still the case? Chris
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Maybe it was something Adrian said but I know there was definitely talk of funds being donated to the bluebird project.

I think the CN7 model you refer to was the erm source of inspiration...! Chris :roll: