Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Buzz1024

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by Buzz1024 »

Thanks for the info re the replicast K7 by Fred Harris - my late father was a railway modeller himself and had an eye for a good model. I will be looking to sell this model along with a couple of boxes of dinky & matchbox stuff ( it's endurance racing & camel trophy that I collect) - if anyone is interested then please give me a shout before it heads towards ebay (no idea what its worth)
rapidrabbit

Post by rapidrabbit »

Buzz1024 wrote:Thanks for the info re the replicast K7 by Fred Harris - my late father was a railway modeller himself and had an eye for a good model. I will be looking to sell this model along with a couple of boxes of dinky & matchbox stuff ( it's endurance racing & camel trophy that I collect) - if anyone is interested then please give me a shout before it heads towards ebay (no idea what its worth)
Hi Buzz1024,

Is the K7 model built or in kit form?

PM me :D

Brgds,

Nigel
Buzz1024

Post by Buzz1024 »

Hi Nigel - its built and in a display case - my dad bought it this way so I assume from what is being said on here that its likely been built by fred harris himself.
I'll pm you
Greg
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Hi Greg,

Can you post some pics?
rapidrabbit

Post by rapidrabbit »

Buzz1024 wrote:Hi Nigel - its built and in a display case - my dad bought it this way so I assume from what is being said on here that its likely been built by fred harris himself.
I'll pm you
Greg
Hi Greg,

For some reason I cannot PM you through the site? Could you PM me your e-mail address and I will reply direct?

Brgds,

Nigel

Nigel- You should be able to PM now that you have made your first three postings- Mike
Lisian_1275

Post by Lisian_1275 »

Antoine wrote:Hi,

I do not know if I can post this here but I have for sale an untouched Touchwood Bluebird model in 1/12. It is still in box.
If someone is interested, he can PM me.

Thanks
image.jpeg
Hi Antoine, I can't seem to PM you? Is the model still for sale?
Thanks

Ian
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Any chance of higher res copies of these pics please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Does the grey paint overlap up the sides? if so by how far?
63tbird

Post by 63tbird »

I realise this subject is primarily aimed at the K7 boat, but I am just about to start work on a scratch build timber model of the 1935 Bluebird car and was hoping someone may have some plan and profile images, maybe even scaled modelling breakdowns, etc. Depending on the type of wheel/ tyre I choose as basis for the project, I expect the finished model to be 900 - 1200 mm long, based on a wheel diameter of 100 - 125mm.
I have made a much smaller scratch build model of the Seagrave Golden Arrow previously, which turned out quite well, but was a tiddler in comparison. I think the wheels I used for that one came from a Meccano steam engine or something....
Anyway, I would welcome any / all schematics, profiles and the like that will help me produce a more accurate representation of the real car. I love all the LSR cars from the early streamliner period through the 1960's, but I think the '35 Bluebird was the one that originally fired my interest.

Thanks in advance, Noel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeteManc

Post by PeteManc »

...and back on goes the jig for the cockpit sides, which I last year re-shaped with reference to the planform in ''The Engineer''. Before long however, it became clear that this didn't look right. The second photo shows how I've mistakenly given them a very gradual, concave slope. I made the new profilers for this jig with reference to the photo of Corporal Paul standing in the cockpit, and I'm much happier with these. Once these are done, the foredeck is next.