Bluebird & Other Scale Models

K7boats

Re: Bluebird Models

Post by K7boats » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:16 pm

K7boats wrote:Hello all couple of more photos and a little help the exhaust of K7 does the red cover clip on? I can't quite make out on photos but on one photo of the exhaust without cover looks like it has a rim round it is this were the cover clips too any help is appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 pm

K7boats wrote:
K7boats wrote:Hello all couple of more photos and a little help the exhaust of K7 does the red cover clip on? I can't quite make out on photos but on one photo of the exhaust without cover looks like it has a rim round it is this were the cover clips too any help is appreciated
Last pic is of my fuel filling station even used a 1966 BP can :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:06 pm

Mike Bull wrote:There are four little sliding clips which latch onto the rim of the jet pipe, and they tighten up with wing nuts. These pics came courtesy of Neil when I was looking into it myself-
4.jpg
7 (2).jpg
-I can get you an uber-close-up of one tomorrow if you'd like. ;)
Thanks very much Mike the photos are spot on ,,, well welding kit out again to put a rim on exhaust pipe was reading the retro pic page today and was wondering , will there be any more dives on the crash sight or do you think all has been found will have been found? Did anyone actually count how many pieces were recovered or was it a impossible task.ill have more pics to follow including very soon some turbine testing.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:56 pm

Mike Bull wrote:Stand by with your welding kit- I'll get you a couple of nice pics tomorrow. :)
Look forward to that Mike .

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:23 pm

That's a good shot Mike only if you have the time could you take a shot side on so I can see the way the bracket hooks to the exhaust pipe thanks.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:02 pm

so Mike it's just a hook which laps over the raised ring round the exhaust pipe then the wing nut tightens it up got it now,but in 1/6th scale it's gong to be hard but ill work a way round it "it'll fix :D "

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Mike Bull wrote:There's not a lot to it...
IMG_5770.JPG
Hello first ,,, Mike could I ask if you if you have one, a photo of the exhaust on its own showing the rim , couple of photos showing some first fit of the air intake guards.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 pm

K7boats wrote:
Mike Bull wrote:There's not a lot to it...
IMG_5770.JPG
Hello first ,,, Mike could I ask if you if you have one, a photo of the exhaust on its own showing the rim , couple of photos showing some first fit of the air intake guards.
Second picture.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Hello all just to say the last photo of the brackets to hold bar to the water deflectors has been removed and a new pair started,,,,, got the scale wrong the were to big, anyway they will be changed! I've started the rear stabling fin, I've also been looking at the rudder size and the fin to I've done them to scale but I think I'm going to have to make larger covers to put on rudder and fin to make the model run doing to scale does not work anyway looking into that. Photo of started rear stabilising fin attached.

markm

CN7 Model

Post by markm » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:50 pm

Hello
Here's hoping I can find the help I need to build a 1/8th scale radio controlled model of CN7
I have found a drawing on the web of CN7 which shows her in side, front and rear profile and also in section at the centre of the front and rear wheels and also midway between
I need to come up with a set of drawings much like a model ships drawings that show the shape from front to rear so as to be able to get the correct body profile.
Are such drawings available or can anyone help me convert the drawing I have

I propose to build a radio controlled electric powered model at 1/8th scale
I have managed to source a set of wheels which can be utilised and also a turbine sound unit
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Mark