Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Mike Bull

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Much as I enjoy a bit of therapeutic Lego in my old age, I don't think there's a hope in hell of Lego picking up a Bluebird set idea and producing it - it's just too much of a niche interest. And perhaps it's just me, but I think it's a tad 'off' to immediately be thinking about earning from such a thing, too.
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

ExcelsiorUK

Post by ExcelsiorUK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Sorry, I was attempting to underline the fact that I'm not actually thinking about money by addressing that up front. I just thought some people might be thinking "what's in it for him" so I was trying to be transparent about it. I'm actually thinking that given that there are a lot of engineers who are into Lego Ideas (judging by the popularity of certain types of sets there) then some publicity might even end up assisting you. I agree the odds of it getting made into a set are slim, but notwithstanding that I would be making the model available to those who want to build it for nothing in any event - see here for how that can be done: https://www.rebrickable.com/users/Excelsior/mocs/

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:41 pm

Lego K7? Been there, done that.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 am

Seems Lego can charge £600 for a fantasy biscuit from space. It was the talk of the workshop for weeks so why not a Bluebird? Makes perfect sense to me... :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:18 am

Always makes me laugh... 600 smackers for a bag of plastic blocks.... I mean, come on, every kid can afford £600 for a space rusk ?!

Lego are absolute ripping *cough cough* at the best of times.

Toys for the elite I guess.
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:41 am

£649.99 to be precise, and it's safe to say that Star Wars has one or two more fans worldwide than our Donald! :lol:

20180102_150801.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Ste

Post by Ste » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 am

Want one! (I'm just too tight to pay that amount of money).

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:39 am

don't get me wrong, its awesome, but lets be honest, the average family is not going to be able to afford this for their child.

ExcelsiorUK

Post by ExcelsiorUK » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Nor indeed be able to store it anywhere. I've spent a great deal of time recently constructing Ikea furniture to house Lego and from the pictures I've seen that thing is massive.

Richie

Post by Richie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm

A close pal of mine was a smoot OCD growing up, he would assemble the model, enjoy it for a short period then carefully dismantle it, place it in a clearly labelled walls ice cream tub along with its instructions, where upon it would be placed in his wardrobe with the other 200 or so similar boxes. I always respected Glen for his ability to keep good his toys.

meanwhile at Casa Richie, the model was built smashed or blown to bits with a banger then chucked into the large lego box where you would never find all the bits again.

I did keep the instructions for every model though, but in hindsight this must have been some cruel perverse ploy for some unwitting fool to want to find all the bits from the big chest of lego / matchbox cars / pens and pencils.

god I was awful as a kid !