Bluebird & Other Scale Models

K7boats

Re: Bluebird & Other Scale Models

Post by K7boats » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi All , latest pic of the day pictures of the boat are amazing it just seems to be taking shape very quickly it's amazing , well my little boat is stripped right back now, and is on my jig they are just little things which look different from the 64 spec to the 66/67 but when you really get stuck in there is a lot ! I've decided to make a new set of sponsons as well I'm going again try to detail the engine compartment as best as poss I'm redoing intakes and the big block of balsa you see in the picture below is for shaping to make a fuel tank like the big k7 it saves so much space it looks a wreck the boat at the minute but I can get stuck in now. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:25 am

Love the baby rollover jig! :D

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi Mike nice to here from you again boat looks a bit of a wreck to when it was nearly finished last 67 speck but it should take shape quicker this time as I can work it quicker with jig haven't the strength to lift it! Need another wheel under the ring as it's higher up again to suite me I'll keep updating as I go. Mike have you a photo of the under side of intakes as I can't work shape out would be greatful so I can make the mould for fuel tank thanks Al.

JamesWhomsley

Post by JamesWhomsley » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I mostly wanted to join as, firstly I have always had an interest in the Bluebird and Campbell story, but secondly because I built a model of working Bluebird K7 last year. It's by no means a super scale or detailed model, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and performed when I ran it on Coniston in the July of 2017.

Here's the little film I made about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cd_Kin5_7c

You can read more about it in this article here.
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/edf- ... ild-part-2

And here are some photos.

Thanks!
- James.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

K7boats

Post by K7boats » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Great little boat James, and it works! How about putting a tail on it?
Al.

JamesWhomsley

Post by JamesWhomsley » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Thanks Al!

Yeah I was thinking of adding a tail when I first put the model together, but I decided that it looked quite nice as it was. Maybe I will in the future if I fix it back up to running condition :)

Cheers

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:57 pm

That's really cool, as is the little film to go with it. What says everyone? I reckon we need this lad on the team...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

midlife

Post by midlife » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:53 pm

He’s certainly got some skills Bill, I’ve been following his videos on YouTube for a while.
Cheers
Wayne

wbjohn

Post by wbjohn » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:35 am

James, Brilliant project and enjoyable video to watch, keep up the good work, Jet engine next ?

BFG

Post by BFG » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:25 pm

love the video James I'll tune into YouTube and have a look at some of your other work.

Barry