The Bloodhound SSC/Thrust/Noble Thread

Renegadenemo

Re: Noble/Bloodhound SSC/Rocket Science

Post by Renegadenemo »

Mike,

if we put one of those flat-screen telly whatnots in K7's cockpit you can wire it up to permanently show the 66 Allonby photograph and stop worrying about which way around you have the screw heads on the dash-mounted cigarette lighter...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Whilst just behind the front wheels, we now see in the diagram how forward the driver has to be in relation to the complete length of vehicle. This is not clear with the full scale, but part mock up. Now what did the team Director state in the past ....... ?? Good to see that the new Bloodhound SSC design team are not held back by earler stated principles of any of the Thrust designs.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Pullman99

Post by Pullman99 »

Visited the Bloodhound SSC stand at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the 3rd July and met up with Andy Green and Richard Noble. Huge number of visitors throughout the weekend has hopefully helped them no end. Andy was hosting a Chinese delegation when I called by but spoke to Richard for a short time. Much hard work continues and it will be an interesting couple of years ahead. Some pics below.

Must have been going at quite a speed when it hit that wall! :) Mock-up of Bloodhound SSC's front end.

One of the rocket packs in section
Ian Robinson
Bluebird K7 - the restoration project of the Century.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I remember seeing those engines at BAE Warton many years ago and was amazed at the work in them. That diamond pattern in the cases is machined into the surface and if memory serves each case is itself machined from a single billet.
Expensive!

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-10679543

Fantastic publicity for the project! - The front end mock-up alone looked ooooge at Silverstone - she is going to be a monster! Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Phwoarrr! What an awesome machine - can't wait to see this made real!

garyharman

Post by garyharman »

If anyone lives in the area this might be of interest:

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=22763
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Perhaps the latest news and information on display by BLOODHOUND SSC is a good sign to any speed record team. There is nothing wrong with trying many shapes to get the correct body shape,altering rear suspension design and width, changing the power of one of the power units (rocket), swapping the position (stacking) of multiple power units and then changing the type of fuel pump motor.

The skill must being doing all that within a time frame to run in build up for a record by 2012.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
sheppane

Bloodhound Project Dinner

Post by sheppane »

Anyone interested in attending a presentation by the Bloodhound team in West London next Friday, 26 November?

Thames Valley University present an evening event with the Bloodhound team in West London (Brentford Lock – Holiday Inn) next Friday on the 26th. The Education Director is giving a presentation on the challenges the project will face from engineering, logistics to virtual teams, afterwards there is a dinner and of course a chance to talk to about Bloodhound.

The dinner/presentation starts at 6pm to 8.30pm for anyone who wants to stay after that there is also a bar. Attached is a flyer with information, the only thing you need to do to grab a seat is email [email protected], the cost is £35 including the presentation, 3 course meal with wine
Bloodhound-Dinner-26-11-2010.jpg

I thought this would be of interest to some south east based forum members.

Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Renegadenemo

Re: The Bloodhound SSC Thread

Post by Renegadenemo »

Great stuff - and good luck to them all.