Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Pullman99

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Pullman99 »

Hemmings Motor News has an item today on Craig Breedlove's new Spirit of America.

Looking to have the car upo and running in 24 months according to the information contained in the article. The last time that Craig ran an LSR attempt as a driver was in 1996 at the Black Rock Desert of course and much has moved on since then. Full story here:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014 ... refer=news
Ian Robinson
Bluebird K7 - the restoration project of the Century.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I've met and spoken to various engineers over the years who had a hand in SSC and all agree that what happened to Breedloves car that summer in Blackrock was caused by the supersonic shockwave travelling aft down the fuselage and lifting the rear wheels because the car was too wide at the back - hence the extremely narrow track of SSC at the back end. Now Bloodhound is out there and, again, it has a very narrow track at the rear. But that rendering of the proposed new vehicle looks a bit podgy so who is missing a trick here?
And they want to build two cars in case they crash one! Why not build three in case they crash two? A sponsor's dream...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

The first time I ever saw Thrust SSC as a black and white image in the Daily Mirror I think it was I thought" I like the look of that to get the job done"£. On seeing Craig s revamped car S.O.A I had the very same feeling and Bloodhound needs to make good progress in 2015 me thinks.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

WSR in Great Britain

Quicksilver WSR is progressing, see separate dedicated thread on this forum.

The website for Project 350 has gone back on-line - the Tony Fahey contender for the WSR. I did not 'save' any of the original site details but I am told it seems to be picking up where it was last dropped. Images are spectacular of course - but drawing is one thing, creating in reality another.

The K10 Endeavour site remains under 'reconstruction' and is not accessible - Chris and Helen Loney's outright WSR project.

No news on K777, after coming back to Coniston to show that the craft can be launched, started and travel across the water without taking on too much of the wet stuff.

Rush WSR of Colin Johns should be progressing now that the pilot is fitter.

Blackbird WSR in NZ has a central hull.

and lets not forget the Warby's probably second only to 777 but catching up fast.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I'll ask Daniel for a progress report tonight and post accordingly.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
D.E.

Post by D.E. »

Link for the Project 350?
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

........ sorry correct title is "Pursuit 350". You can also find by a google of Tony Fahey. www.britishpursuit.com will find it.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
polo

Post by polo »

Something must be moving with Tony as he gave me the 'heads up' on the site re opening. I saw it and it is exactly the same as when it was closed with the 'running clock'. It still has the same mistakes and despite my protestations he opened it as it was. I had a drink with him in the Lake District last Friday, but I still couldn't convince him to change it. He is hopeful of making a statement in the next few months re his project.If ? when? he tells me of anything going on I will post it here if he gives me permission.
As usual Tony is keeping his cards close to his chest.
K10 Endeavour had a little problem that has hopefully been solved and is moving along nicely. Things did slow down when Helen and Chris had their second child - Felicity, but the project will be hopefully gaining speed at the end of the year or the start of next year. I will speak to Chris re the possibility of reopening the site.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

I did not remember until I looked back to entries in December 2011 that there is 'captured' footage of a composite design facility near Milton Keynes still being used by this team. Not sure if an F1 designer might gravitate to this project now? :o
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

D.E. - Are you able to say how your own outright project is progressing?

Phil