Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

f1steveuk

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by f1steveuk »

Better not let you know what the Renault team said about his driving after he "drove" the R25..................................
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Would it be the case that those words would burst any bubble for those who are fans of RH?

In the remainder book shops, there is a book by the former 'Stig' which tells us all how to drive.

The irony of the answer as to "what to do if a tyre deflates on a motorway?" amused me.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Paragraphs 37, 38 and 39 of the HSE report sum the whole thing all up very well, really.

Isn't it being a bit hard on Hammond to blame him for the crash on the grounds that he didn't handle the emergency as well as a driver with thousands of runs in the car might have done?
Likewise, wasn't the whole and entire point of the TG feature where he drove the Renault F1 car, to illustrate just how different and difficult to drive a F1 car is, compared with the cars that most people drive?
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Yup got to agree with you, it was designed to show how difficult an F1 car is to drive. Its worth bearing in mind too that the driving is done "for the telly" and that Hammond and Co are principally just TV presenters and the magic of TV tells the story...
PeteManc

Post by PeteManc »

On the subject of other Speed Record Breakers, I've been a fan of The Human League since I was a toddler, (stay with me) and have often wondered why the video for their song ''Mirror Man'' features footage of Crusader's fatal crash. Does anyone know? It features whilst the lyrics ''The water shines, the pebble skips across the face a dozen times'' are heard, and again several times later. If I ever meet The Human League (which I hope happens one day) I'll ask them. Then I'll probably feel compelled to tell Joanne and Susan that they were my first ever crush, at age five.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Now by odd coincedence, I was once asked to manage the Human League (very much post their succesful years, about 2002), and found Phil to be a total petrol head (he had a superb Laverda Jota amongst others) and later bumped into him severaal times when I worked in F1, where he ignored the drivers and had his head buried in the engine bays of the cars. (I didn't take up the management offer by the way, though it hasn't done Tony Smith (Genesis) any harm when it comes to cars!!)
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Belgian Daniel Dehaemers has given an 'exclusive' story to the boating magazine Nautica of the unveiling of his World Water Speed Record contender - Dartagnan SP 600. This I believe is the first completed WWSR boat that has not been built by a 'Warby'. The whole structure appears to be carbon-fibre.

(Not able to read the language the online version is of no use to me either).
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
PeteManc

Post by PeteManc »

It looks like something Dr. Claw would drive in "Inspector Gadget" (:
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Seems like Bruno Senna has his eyes set on a waterspeed record... http://vectormartiniracing.com/bruno-se ... -pro-team/
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

I am wondering already what parts of the "200mph" Transit Van will have been produced by FoMoCo. Perhaps the badge?

Might just get me heartened that land speed record breaking is being exposed on TV, but no way will this attempt be as impressive as the diesel truck of the late Carl Heap that did a mile at an average of 272.685 mph.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations