What have forum members been up to?

Renegadenemo

Re: What did you do at the weekend?

Post by Renegadenemo »

..not when I finish construction of a pair of Lockwood valveless pulsejets
Oh, that's a relief. I thought for a moment you were going to wait to be blown along by the wind like Jordan does having arrived at the gig in his four wheel drive, V-8 petrol-guzzling monster car. :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Jordangbr

What did you do at the weekend?

Post by Jordangbr »

I should fit a mast and sails for economy ;-)
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I should fit a mast and sails for economy
Having taken half an hour on Saturday to have a snooze up one of the still warm exhausts I'm inclined to agree!

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Richie

Post by Richie »

Renegadenemo wrote:
If Bill spies a claw hammer in the BBP workshop, he slings it...
Flippin' right I do! Claw hammers are for wood-butchery and making things from dead trees

try telling that to Mr Sutcliffe
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Jordangbr wrote:I should fit a mast and sails for economy ;-)
Mast, sails & oars all came supplied. I'm still tempted to try the twin Lockwood option though :twisted:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Mast, sails & oars all came supplied. I'm still tempted to try the twin Lockwood option though
Who was that guy from NZ who got into a world of trouble for designing, or did he only suggest it, a pulsejet powered cruise-missile using bits of tube and a hand held GPS? Brilliant idea but you'd not shout about it, would you.

turbocox

Post by turbocox »

All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

That's the fella. I'd have kept that very quiet until it was working then caused all kinds of mischief with it. :D

I often wonder whether he had something to do with the difficulty we had in importing our sponson materials from California. We commissioned the material and the tooling, placed the purchase order and waited for our fancy tin to be blended, extruded and heat-treated then spent the rest of the year trying to get the damn stuff home!

Richie

Post by Richie »

well thought i would post up some more footage of my RC heli.... first out of garden flight in 15 years... was fun managed to stand in some dog crap (captured on film) a heavy landing but i have since set the neutrals on the sticks to be less "numb".... boring for most you guys, but i know John will enjoy... and perhaps Mick

needs music or something added to it so you dont have to listen to that god awful whine ! :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Were I not so busy doing my packing to go away in the morning, clips of that would be getting edited into the Airwolf intro. :D
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...