What have forum members been up to?

mtskull

Re: What have forum members been up to?

Post by mtskull »

malcolm uk wrote:
Adrian74 wrote:Mini-K7 Lookalike was part of the plot.......
Was it: a model?; a working craft?; computer generated when in motion?
Certainly a working craft; it looks very much as though they borrowed the boat used in "Across the Lake" and gave it an orange paint job.
I don't know if the scriptwriters were having a bit of fun or whether it was just coincidence, but having made a sly reference to "On the Buses" early in the episode, there was also a scene where the question was asked as to where one of the characters lived, to which the answer was: "Across the Lake".
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Adrian74

Post by Adrian74 »

From the limited close-up shots it looked very well put together. Obviously prop driven but I could not work out if it was remote controlled or manned. Anyway, nice to see!

I rather think that was a deliberate line lol.....
Adrian
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

I've been in touch with the producers of the TV series "Endeavour" on behalf of the Speed Record Club and can reveal that the "Red Tail" hydroplane used in the episode is created entirely through the magic of cgi! The shots of the craft running were made by overlaying the cgi images of "Red Tail" onto footage of a small conventional hydroplane. How clever!

Phil
http://www.speedrecordclub.com/
https://www.facebook.com/speedrecordclub/
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Pegasus wrote:I've been in touch with the producers of the TV series "Endeavour" on behalf of the Speed Record Club and can reveal that the "Red Tail" hydroplane used in the episode is created entirely through the magic of cgi! The shots of the craft running were made by overlaying the cgi images of "Red Tail" onto footage of a small conventional hydroplane. How clever!
Clever enough to fool me, anyway..... :oops:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The minutes of the Coniston Parish Council meeting on 21st December when the proving trial was discussed are available on line at:

http://www.coniston.info/cms/wp-content ... 211215.pdf
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The minutes of the Coniston Parish Council meeting on 21st December when the proving trial was discussed are available on line at:
Hmmm - bit of a mixed bag there. There's no possibility that we can organise their end too. Not, that is, unless they want to wait an extra few years. Nor was there mention of the rantings of the failed timeshare salesman... All very odd.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco »

It is comforting to note that ' The abandoned chair reported at Coniston Primary School in last month’s minutes has been removed '. :D Some councils would sit on such things for an eternity...
Richie

Post by Richie »

A meeting to remove a chair... :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Harsh... Funny, though.
I'm sure our partners over in Cumbria are on it. It would be daft to have a finished boat sitting in the workshop waiting for the proving trials. We need one thing to flow seamlessly into the other. That said, there's a thousand small things we could take apart and apply our later knowledge to if we had the luxury of a little extra time so there'll be nothing lost.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

After watching & reading the posts about Guy Martin It reminded me of the Leighton Hall Hill Climb a week or two back. Mike had wished me well, so I thought i would use this opportunity express thanks, come up with a few excuses as to why I was so slow (rain, too much power, enthusiasm beyond ability & more rain!) & show a picture of myself fighting to keep the front wheel pointing in a forwardly direction, while openin' 'er up a bit!
i have only one of the engines that Guy Martin was using, but it is at original 2300cc capacity (not 1500cc per engine that he had to use)

If you look carefully on this one you can see the merciless rain falling again!!
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!