Opinion Poll- Rebuild or Conserve?

Bluebird's original Bloctube HP Fuel control box; what to do?

Rebuild
93%
Conserve
7%

Total votes: 57

klingon

Re: Opinion Poll- Rebuild or Conserve?

Post by klingon »

Why not just fix and keep the original lever in the cockpit where it should be and leave the thing at full throttle setting for folks to see where it was on the day of the crash?-Simples! ;)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
bread van

Post by bread van »

i vote re build it and use as many parts of k7 as poss, the photos of it on full will be fine for the musium.
keep up the hard work.

ant
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Just as there is much more to the history of K7 than the crash, there is much more to the significance of the Bloctube lever than its final position. As a functional and repairable component, it should be refurbished and put back as part of the working boat. The argument that it should not be moved simply because Donald put it there, if taken to its logical conclusion, would dictate that every nut and bolt should also remain untouched so that they can remain in the position where Leo left them. Now we're getting dangerously close to sharing the viewpoint of the HLF......
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Now we're getting dangerously close to sharing the viewpoint of the HLF......
Ugh! That's almost fighting talk. Now where's the moderator?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Now we're getting dangerously close to sharing the viewpoint of the HLF......[/quote]

Whoops! -maybe should have inserted a smiley there, just to make sure that last comment wasn't taken TOO seriously ;)

Taking a step back from the rebuild/conserve argument, isn't it bloody fantastic that matters have progressed to the point where Bluebird actually requires a working HP cock again? Nice work, Bill & the team. :D
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.