Bye Law Amendment for K7

malcolm uk

Re: Bye Law Amendment for K7

Post by malcolm uk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:17 pm

The LDNPA have appreciated the way we have dealt with this matter. Thanks for the honesty too.

Now we know they are 'looking in' we must praise the LDNPA publicly for going to consultation on the bye law rather than standing back from the subject in the first place and leaving them alone.

If you have time their website has the minutes and details of the committee meetings.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:19 am

We were a little slow getting onto this because our chief moderator was moving house at the time but it's my understanding that the post has now been removed. Thanks for being so honest and up front everyone and let's face it, we don't want to cheat. We either achieve our goal fair and square or accept that people don't want us to run on Coniston Water. Whatever the outcome at least no one can say we haven't given it our best throw...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

tas

Post by tas » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Its funny that in this age where governments, banks, hlf etc all act in underhand ways it doesn't exactly inspire the average person to play fair, hence my idea - but no more arfur daley / del boy suggestions from me!

I have to applaud the spirit of bluebird project, seeing as K7 came from an era when people tended to play fair a bit more I think it's entirely appropriate that the team are doing the same.

And I feel I should also say that if the vote did go the wrong way it really would be a huge loss for Coniston and therefore depriving the people that should benefit the most. K7 is going to live there, to force her to leave Coniston in order to run would mean the village is robbed of the best bit of its biggest legend.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"

huszarail

Post by huszarail » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:56 pm

I've completed my consultation questionaire and also taken the liberty of adding the link and the relevant portion of Bills diary to the National street rod Association forum pages. Gearheads and speed freeks need to stick together and support each other.
See you all on the beach come the glorious day (week).

Mark.
I'm only a man from Del Monte..........

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:01 am

See you on the beach we shall. That's where I fully intend to be. I've dreamt of it for years. I guess I'll be wearing a headset so I can worry and fret with the rest of the team via digital radio link but otherwise up to the ankles in water will do for me.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 pm

Indeed, chief moderator was busy moving house, but I'm back online now, and just about settled here in the North East, too!

Hmm, the North East...now, what's up here that I can fill my spare time with then..? :lol:

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Hmm, the North East...now, what's up here that I can fill my spare time with then..? :lol:[/quote]
hi mike, i believe that a bloke up there is repairing a boat or something!? might be worth a look!!! jon
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

shropshirelad

Post by shropshirelad » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Have just filled it in didn't know there was a problem until I called on a good friend "Dick Ransomes" the other day.

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Any news from the Bye Law amendment meeting held in Coniston this week? Any Coniston locals on here who can provide an update? Thanks. Chris

KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:31 pm

ace_chris wrote:Any news from the Bye Law amendment meeting held in Coniston this week? Any Coniston locals on here who can provide an update? Thanks. Chris
The Meeting Monday past was a Public Consultation so I would have thought there would not yet be a formal outcome.

Indeed, the LDNPA consultation states 31st March as the final deadline. There is therefore still time to fill in the online questionnaire:

http://www.lake-district.gov.uk/bluebirdconsultation

Presumably there will then be a formal planning meeting and - if things move at the same speed as they do in local Councils in Northumberland - a possible decision end April/May ------------.