Across The Lake

Richie

Re: Across The Lake

Post by Richie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:01 pm

tis a good movie.... but clearly it was on a tight budget.... the shots with K7 at speed were...well.....pants.... a smoke grenade in the back end and some fast passes with a camera hahahahaha imagine if they did a movie about Donald now ?! the effects would be better plus onboard footage of his many successful runs but what would they call the movie ?
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

DamienB

Post by DamienB » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Given the budget I think they did pretty well. As for a movie title, I loved 'This Rather Stony Path' before Neil's publisher lost their nerve...

Richie

Post by Richie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:20 pm

something cheesy like "Pride"

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Clearly if a Donald Campbell movie was made these days, it would star Tom Cruise as Dynamo Campbell, an angst-ridden young man who wants to be a record breaker just like his dead father Cobb Campbell, who he believes died years before on Loch Ness while crusading to find the monster. The effects would be done with CG to best showcase the stars and stripes painted 'Thunderbird 777' (or some other equally silly name) as it whooshed across the surface of the American 'Thunder Lake' (which would be the title of the movie) A token British actor with a bad accent would play wise-cracking Irish mechanic Lee O' Villa. There would be drama at the end as the boat takes off and loops, but Dynamo would land the right way up, complete the measured mile, get the record, be congratulated by the father who was watching all along because he wasn't actually dead after all, and then he'd go and shag his cabaret singer girlfriend Fifi Lamour, played by Angelina Jolie.

;)

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

Antoine

Post by Antoine » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Good one Mike !! :lol: :lol:

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Digitaljunior wrote:I purchased two "copies" from the Bluebird cafe which I assumed, given the price were legit. Upon opening them they are "copies". Quite disapointing but at least I have a copy of the film to watch.
Shame on the Bluebird Cafe for flogging pirate copies!!! Must have cost you a fair few quid, if the price of their tea and cakes is anything to go by...

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:01 pm

Sadly, one person seems to have cornered the market in hooky copies of ATL, setting up websites and freely selling it on ebay etc, and they seem to hide behind this statement -

'If you are the COPYRIGHT HOLDER or have the DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS to any title listed on xxxxxxxxx, please notify us via email on an OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD with complete copyright notification and the title will be removed'

-so unless anyone officially connected with the movie acts to stop these sales, they will just continue. Such a shame the thing is mired in rights issues, as even a budget official DVD release of a clean copy of the film would sell like hotcakes, but who would want to negotiate the royalties with Sir Anthony?!

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:22 pm

Yes it is a shame the royalty issue couldn't be resolved. Shame that more cant be done to stop matey flogging his copies online

Richie

Post by Richie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Iam looking for a copy of this Thunder Lake.....sounds like some prime time american drivel :lol: