Across The Lake

Terminator

Re: Across The Lake

Post by Terminator »

When Gina attended the Premier of "Across The Lake" she once told me it was very spooky indeed! Sitting next to Anthony Hopkins at the dinner table was just as if her Father was there, He really captured Her Fathers mannerisms etc. A great actor pity we can't get the film released on D.V.D but you never know once the word gets out that the real deal K7 is coming home :D

Novie
"I'll Be back"
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Just had a word with a local and apparently the Villagers at that time where very excited at the film being made and having famous stars coming to town. Not to mention the extra revenue it fetched into the village for the business's.

Novie
I'll Be back
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

I remember speaking to Anthony 'Robbie' Robinson about his role in the film. He said at times it got a bit confusing with the cast because every time the Director yelled out 'Anthony!' no one was quite sure if it was Anthony Hopkins, Anthony Robinson, or the guy playing Anthony Robinson in the film! Chris
tas

Post by tas »

Due to the unique way the bbc is funded...

Wonder if its worth harrassing the beeb - let them know they're potentially missing a trick? I'm sure across the lake would sell well in the museum when K7 is finished.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Mike Bull wrote:I believe it's a rights issue, and is not solely down to the BBC.
I think the Canadian broadcasting corporation were involved in the making/funding of ATL, and its either something to do with them, or the Canadian footage used in the film...? The other film that would be worth re-releasing would be 'Speed King'. Chris
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

The village certainly appeared to welcome the film being made and many of the shops carried displays of Campbell memorabilia at the time. I certainly believe Hopkins was the right man to play DC and he seemed genuinely interested in the man and his achievements. He always came across as relaxed on set and would often doze sat in the cockpit of K7 between takes. I only saw him agitated once and that was with the press who were carrying a story at the time of him being stalked by a crazed fan, he didn't want any more of this "crap" reported! He was keen to pilot the replica, though I don't know if he was ever allowed to in the end. Undoubtably there were a number of inaccuracies with the replica and the starboard sponson in particular was far from watertight but overall it served it's purpose and the film in general generated fresh interest in the Campbell story which can only be a good thing.

Phil
turbocox

Post by turbocox »

:idea: Someone get James Cameron on the phone, to make a big buget blockbuster life story of the Campbells and their achivements :shock:

Just an idea :mrgreen:
Last edited by turbocox on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All men dream: but not equally,Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
klingon

Post by klingon »

turbocox wrote::idea: Somone get James Cameron on the phone, to make a big buget blockbuster life story of the Campbells and their achivements :shock:

That would be the second sinking boat movie for him then! :lol:

Just an idea :mrgreen:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
klingon

Post by klingon »

tas wrote:Due to the unique way the bbc is funded...

Wonder if its worth harrassing the beeb - let them know they're potentially missing a trick? I'm sure across the lake would sell well in the museum when K7 is finished.
Contacted them from a lot of angles-right up to senior management and all the same answer-"We have no plans to release this film on DVD"-contacted the British Film Institute who "Might" have some rights over the movie but so far no reply-Cannot understand the position on this-people clamouring for a re-release and getting "rubber eared" by the Beeb!-strange business practice-only in Great Britain! :roll:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Graham Milne

Post by Graham Milne »

!-strange business practice-only in Great Britain! :roll:[/quote]

:!: It's a sad fact that here in the UK that yes it is a typical situation, the ordinary person on the street wants something but a man sitting on his ass somewhere in a suit with a bunch of yes-men around him decides that he knows better. Whether it be the BBC or the bloody Government, they are all a waste of space and should be treated accordingly. Quite simply put, there are wiser creatures chewing grass.

Rant over.
Looks like one of those new 'Japanese' sportscars..............