Completion Date

malcolm uk

Completion Date

Post by malcolm uk »

According to the respected British newspaper The Times I am told that the project team now have 14 days in which to complete the boat and get her on to Coniston Water. :lol:

As I will not be in Coniston on the 27th January 2010 ...................... please carry on without me. :!:

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Re: Completion Date

Post by Renegadenemo »

We'll be there - a shame you can't make it, Malcolm.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

27th January 2010 ! I presume it's going to be one of those Blue Peter moments then.
And here is a Bluebird I made earlier, I always wondered why we seemed to be duplicating every panel and system ;)
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

In this awful weather I do not want to be in the North West too many times during January.

Beware the trade mark owner may come after you Bill if you have a "Bluebird" or "Blue Bird" boat other than the one you recovered from the lake.

Should you get above 10 miles an hour in any form of 'Bluebird' boat on the 27th January 2010 then I will come to court to pay your speeding ticket - but only once ........ so no return run. (And no re-naming of Predator just for the day, as that does not count ;) ).

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
klingon

Post by klingon »

Workers deported after swoop on Bluebird-(Times online)
Ok Bill according to this we have a Bolivian,2 Mexicans an Ecuadorian and 3 Albanians working illegally on Bluebird,
on the other hand Jasper Conran has a bunch of Geordie gadgies bending metal and banging in rivets in his kitchen in London- :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Well im not Mexican Ecudorian or Albanian. **** i must be the Bolivian then. Ok team own up which of you are the others.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I was quietly asked to modify this thread today as elements of it were perceived as being unhelpful to the consultation process. Over the years we've listened to objections and opinions covering the entire spectrum from insightful and brilliant to stupid beyond belief yet all have been given due consideration. The ones that raise my hackles are those which are poorly researched - burning jetfuel in the park is a good example. Go whine at the MoD, they do it every day. Or those that are purely selfish - the old guy who cornered me in Coniston cemetery one afternoon to bitch because maybe he'd have trouble parking his car if we caused an influx of visitors and bollocks to all the excited kids who'd love to see a piece of history. We've had to put up with the occasional case of sour grapes too and that's just pathetic. But the bureaucratic world loves to consult and we don't want to hinder so if you've dug your way this far back into the forum and found this post and have an opinion one way or the other - no matter how strange or trivial - please join the consulation process. We don't mind really.

26 January 2010

PUBLIC CHANCE TO COMMENT ON BLUEBIRD’S CONISTON COMEBACK

Coniston lake users and residents are being given the chance to comment on new byelaws which will allow the legendary Bluebird craft back to the Lake District National Park.

Next week everyone will have the chance to comment on amended lake byelaws which would allow the record breaking vessel to once again travel along Coniston Water at speeds above those currently allowed under the lake’s regulations.

In 2008, the team rebuilding Bluebird K7 asked the Lake District National Park Authority to consider amending the Coniston Water byelaws, to allow the craft to undertake a proving trial in excess of 10mph.

At the moment the Coniston Water byelaws do allow vessels to exceed the 10 mph speed limit during legitimate world record bids. And although Bluebird still holds the outright British water speed record of 276.3 mph the team behind the rebuilding project accept it could not make a serious challenge during an event such as the annual Records Week event in the autumn.

And this was the reason behind a request for a change in the byelaws to allow Bluebird to carry out a trial at speeds above 10 mph.

Following a public consultation last spring the LDNPA agreed to allow the Bluebird Project to hold a one-off event on Coniston Water to enable a proving trial of the re-built Bluebird, subject to applying specific conditions related to:

timing of the event:
health and safety; and
· environmental considerations, including risks of water and noise pollution.

Arising from this, new Coniston Water Byelaws have been drafted and it’s these amendments which people are being asked to comment on.

From 1 February all the details can be viewed via the LDNPA’s website at http://www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/bluebirdconsultation or paper copies of the Byelaws and Response Form are available from the authority’s Kendal head office at Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, LA9 7RL, tel: 01539 724555.

… ends …

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Bill

Most wise to wait until Monday for the publication of the 'official' wording, because then the BBP project cannot be accused of any form of 'unfair' tactics. Our supporters will have the same length of time to absorb the bye law words as those who may claim to be in an opposition group. Can''t have people on our side having four extra days to absorb the new bye law paragraphs.

I am sure that someone will oppose the requirement (in paragraph (f) I think) that the Project Director has to wear a funny hat and flip...., sorry fins, during the trials as part of 'elf and safety attire. :roll:

For those who take an interest in timelines, the word is that this informal and then formal consulatation followed by DEFRA time periods could mean another six months before the revised notice gets nailed to that post near the lake shore. The one that gets knocked over when boats on trailers are manouvering!
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

For those who take an interest in timelines, the word is that this informal and then formal consulatation followed by DEFRA time periods could mean another six months before the revised notice gets nailed to that post near the lake shore.
Six months, my bottom! For those who take an interest in timelines please note that bureaucracy promises one thing then seamlessly adds a year before coming back to ask what the question was again...

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The next round of informal consultation is now open at the LDNPA website. Bill posted the link in an earlier mailing (26th January) under this topic.

Take time to read Bill's amended posting as well.

To avoid totally any criticism that the BBP would wish to obstruct free speech (however poorly annunciated perhaps) we have removed the comments pertaining to an individual who took part in the previous LDNPA procedure - although perhaps the name is not his correct title, but its the one we were told was used.

Remember to complete only one web-based or hard copy return to the LDNPA (not more than one and not both). If there are contacts of yours who feel strongly about the BBP project and the goals set by our Director please point them in the direction of the latest LDNPA consultation on the bye law.

Thanks, Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations