Bluebird Project You Tube Channel & Vimeo

rob565uk

Re: Bluebird Project You Tube Channel

Post by rob565uk » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:57 am

Mike Bull wrote:We've a new video up on our YT channel, another little tone piece that I threw together. Hope you all like it! 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86pM-v9DTRc

Mike, that is a really great video and (as has already been observed) very appropriate music. I think it's a wonderfully atmospheric pictorial record of the final 1966/7 attempt and I doubt it could have been produced more professionally (so less of the "threw together" self-deprecation :D )

When you come to a fork in the road, take it

DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Excellent work Mike, I LIKE IT !

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 am

Our third 'Progress' video is now up too-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bebvhd91f1s
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 am

Oh and for those that are bound to ask, the music choice this time is 'Building The Barn' by Maurice Jarre, from the soundtrack to the film 'Witness'.

Not that I'm calling K7 a barn mind you! :lol:
'I am not what is called a "civilized man", Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me.'

thewrightstuff

Post by thewrightstuff » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Interesting soundtrack. I thought You Tube stripped out the use of copyright audio on home made movies

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:18 pm

From what I've seen and understand, You Tube will sometimes identify a copyrighted track in a video and slap adverts on your clip as a result- that's certainly happened on one of my own clips. So the vid stays live and viewable, but on a condition, kind of thing- which is fair enough.

tas

Post by tas » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Newish vid has appeared on youtube, some pics of k7 and cn7, nothing special apart from the bitching text at the end having a dig at the BBP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j77A002c58I

I'm not a member on youtube but I think they deserve some comments gently reminding them that they've got it very wrong.
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Well, whoever 'jetboat1949' is, they give their age as 60 and they last logged into You Tube 3 days ago. In their 'Related Videos' there's a video 'Maggie Brian Wedding' by the user 'bluebirdk7', who also gives their age as 60, who also last logged in 3 days ago and who gives their name as 'BM'. Coincidence, or the video poster's alter-ego?!

Whatever, it makes no difference to anything as there's room for all opinions, even though they clearly think they know better than Gina Campbell!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Just another of those who contradict themselves for fun. 'He was so much more than just a man who crashed a boat'. Yeah, yeah, we know and we're busy telling that to a whole new generation - in case you hadn't noticed. And as for anyone thinking he should have been left in peace up to his armpits in freezing mud, I'm sure he was. It's those left behind who weren't.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Russ

Post by Russ » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Yup, the polite response is to respectfully disagree with the comments expressed at the end of the video, and also to note that, where possible, bodies are recovered for a ceremony of remembrance and closure appropriate to the beliefs of families left behind.

That is what has happened here, just as it continues to happen as identifiable remains are recovered from World Wars II and I, as well as other conflicts, accidents and tragedies. As a society we try not to leave our loved ones behind.

The author of the clip also seems not to have noticed, or has chosen to ignore, that if it hadn't been the team that became BBP that found, raised and commenced restoration of K7 to full working order, then by now he or she could now be bidding for parts, genuine or otherwise, of K7 on ebay, along with equally genuine mementoes of Titanic and other tragedies for sale right now.

Through technology K7 recovery became a realistic option. Restoration seemed an un-realistic option, but BBP has proved that it isn't.

One thing that does come out of the video is how timeless the Norris designs for K7 & CN7 are.

CN7 is a totally stripped down shape, but is that rare thing, a beautiful machine; and moreover one that isn't designed to be beautiful, it just flows from the design.

K7 matured with the Gnat fin, and when up on her points is an equally thrilling, and an equally timeless design as CN7; and thanks to you guys making the BBP happen, we can all look forward to seeing her running again. Such an amazing achievement deserves better than lying wrecked at the bottom of a lake, and so did her Donald.