Ghosted View (cutaway)

mick

Ghosted View (cutaway)

Post by mick »

Hi Everybody

I am about to create a ghosted view of the K7, for this I normally take over 200 photos, due to the time and my location it's not been easy to get reference photos new and old of the K7. I will post a sample of what I mean by a ghosted view should anyone be interested. I did produce a ghosted view of Thrust SSC and the Rocket bike, sadly they were not used in any publications, why? well its still a mystery to me! Any one with shots of the craft that their willing to send me will much appreciated.
mick

Re: Ghosted View (cutaway)

Post by mick »

Mike Bull wrote:Hello Mick. Virtually everything you'll need will already be on the internet- there are hundreds of photos of K7 freely available online, and also the entire BBP diary archive too.
Hi Thanks for that. I have tried to get photos from BBP and all over the net. The ones on the BBP site wont allow me to get hi res ones which I really need for the detail.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Where's Mister Jetpump!!!!

Should Leap go back into print, I'd be very interested to use a ghosted picture, as a comparision to the cut away I used originally.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
mick

Post by mick »

f1steveuk wrote:Where's Mister Jetpump!!!!

Should Leap go back into print, I'd be very interested to use a ghosted picture, as a comparision to the cut away I used originally.

do you have a copy of the cutaway?
mick

Post by mick »

Mike Bull wrote:Presumably you'll already have Steve's book though, as part of your research into the subject? :|
Actually I dont have it.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Steve's book can be hard to find, I'm sure someone can post a copy of the cutatway. It's not very accurate though. There's a colour cutaway too, I've seen it in the museum, but that's not accurate either. Still, it might be a good place to begin.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
mick

Post by mick »

What I need is a nice high view 3/4 pic that I can base the view on
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Ah so that is what a ghosted view is. I was expecting a picture of Donald coming out of the cockpit going "Who0o0ooo0"
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
mick

Post by mick »

Mike Bull wrote:Well again, there's no end of material online- you just need to look.

Here are some existing cutaways-
cutaway-1955-big.jpg
df1d.jpg
Thanks for these, I have one view but its not quite the right angle. guess its a case of lots of construction work, anyone have a side and plan view?
Last edited by mick on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klingon

Post by klingon »

bluebirdsback wrote:
Ah so that is what a ghosted view is. I was expecting a picture of Donald coming out of the cockpit going "Who0o0ooo0

Yeah dressed in Green! :mrgreen:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"