Pic of the Day

Mike Bull

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Dominic Owen wrote:Looking at todays pic and guessing that whatever goes over the top
That's the even stupider thing- there's no cover over this one! :shock: :?

StuartB

Post by StuartB » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Fine Sponson Dolly that, does the brake come on when you take it out of the workshop?? Guys Great progress and a major milestone which has taken a great deal effort by all involved

Regards

Stuart

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 am

StuartB wrote:Fine Sponson Dolly that, does the brake come on when you take it out of the workshop??
Well, Ted will need a pound coin every time he wants to take her out! :lol:

Today we're starting a run of archive images as 'pic of the day', so the current, fresh material can be put into a diary; hope everyone enjoys the change.

Richie

Post by Richie » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 am

It's all to easy to forget how far the project have come, just look what they started with to where they are now !

A monumental achievement made possible by the great hearts and minds of people all over the world.....and the donations don't forget the donations. :D
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Inspector Gadget

Post by Inspector Gadget » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:55 am

Richie wrote:It's all to easy to forget how far the project have come, just look what they started with to where they are now !

A monumental achievement made possible by the great hearts and minds of people all over the world.....and the donations don't forget the donations. :D

Please forgive my total incompetence in finding ex 'picture of the day' pictures but is there an archive where they all live?

its my age I'm afraid...

Inspector Gadget

Post by Inspector Gadget » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:28 am

Cancel that request please...

I thought media was a reference to the TV/Radio industry... doh!!

Renegadenemo

POTD

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm

How is everyone liking the retro POTD, or not?

There's some amazing work going on with the new sponson tops that we're saving for the diary so hopefully the new POTD is filling the gap.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

mtskull

Re: POTD

Post by mtskull » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:34 am

Renegadenemo wrote:How is everyone liking the retro POTD, or not?
Liking it very much; even for those of us who have been following the project from the outset, there is a tendency to forget what you started with and what an incredible journey it has been to where things stand now.
Looking forward to all these sponson piccies that you have been keeping back, though... ;)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

quicksilver-wsr

Re: POTD

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:How is everyone liking the retro POTD, or not?
Speaking for myself, I had not been following the BBP - not looking at this website or anything else - up until about four years ago, as I had my mind on other things closer to home, so the "retro" photos are of tremendous interest in filling-in the bulk of the story, which I had missed.

Sure, I'd chipped a few bob in like everybody else, but I hadn't followed the preservation and restoration, or the earlier machinations involving the HLF.

So keep the "retro" POTD show going!

I bet there's a fair few more people who - like me - have not seen those shots, and have little idea of what went on during the first two-thirds of the BBP adventure.

Nigel

Richie

Post by Richie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Love today's POTD, would love a rig like that, if it could be fed from a remote supply ie bottle....
That way I could dive without destroying my lugs.
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !