Pic of the Day

malcolm uk

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by malcolm uk »

That's cruel Mike, and will upset the lovers of all things K7 :roll: .

But makes the job easier by one :lol:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

malcolm uk wrote:
f1steveuk wrote:I've done it once, I'm not doing it again (on the originals and the copies!!)
So who has the register, or registers, of these drawings ???
Don't qoute me on this, but I think my register went with a full set to Beaulieu, although I believe Mike (Varndell) may have re=cataglogued it all. My lists were in drawing number order (I may have a copy on a 3 1/2 floppy disc, remember them? I'll look when I get home as I have a USB disc reader). I spent so much time with those drawings, and CN7's, I'm sitting here and I can smell that paper!!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

The inlet trunk in today's pic of the day is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold. Well done! And it must give you a real lift, connecting up the noisy bit to the rest of the boat.
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

f1steveuk wrote:
malcolm uk wrote:
f1steveuk wrote:I've done it once, I'm not doing it again (on the originals and the copies!!)
So who has the register, or registers, of these drawings ???
Don't qoute me on this, but I think my register went with a full set to Beaulieu, although I believe Mike (Varndell) may have re=cataglogued it all. My lists were in drawing number order (I may have a copy on a 3 1/2 floppy disc, remember them? I'll look when I get home as I have a USB disc reader). I spent so much time with those drawings, and CN7's, I'm sitting here and I can smell that paper!!

I would gladly have a go at the task of archiving and copying too, if required. Now that I am retired, all I do these days is work on my Archive folders, (When not in hospital!) I would consider it an honour to work with a full set of original K7 drawings(Copies they may be!) When can you get the first truck-load to Sussex so that I can get started. Any help (Steve) would be most appreciated.
Regards to all, Fred
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Though it would be well worth cataloguing them it would have to be done on-site at our end because we are still using them and we never know which ones we might need. We had all the old 1954 stuff out last week to check the thrust-line datum,for example. It'll be done one fine day.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Gareth Hayes

Post by Gareth Hayes »

Was quite surprised at the size of the fuel tank in today's pic. Thought it would need to be larger than that, the faster something goes, the more energy it consumes, or that's how the theory goes. Shows how much I know (ie not much!). What's the capacity of that tank please?
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Is the low pressure fuel valve in todays pic a Worcester (as in Norris Bros) or a Saunders Valve (Saunders Valve Company)?
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

My sad anorak moment of the day. We used to stock Saunders Valves at the garage I did my apprenticeship with. I HAVE to et out more................
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Steve, your Location is Belves, France and Brighton, UK ... you DO get out more! :lol:

Nigel
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Good news is that original valve has been resurrected. It has a pressure-cast magnesium body that had rotted through in several places. I had a go at welding it but thin magnesium is, shall we say, interesting to weld and there was a time when I had my doubts about how successful it would be and there was no way to tell either until it was re-machined so once welded we fired it off to Barry Hares. It came back today looking absolutely immaculate and in full working order. No doubt Mike will be along presently with a pic of the day. Very pleased with that!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.