Post by Terminator »

I second that Mike. Not a clue ! :?
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
pmc

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by pmc »

Make that extra ??s.
The plot thickens... and becomes less relevant. So please feel free to stop reading.

Now that I look again on a proper computer display, there is nothing to see. :? But when viewing the same picture on my phone, as earlier today, I expand the image and pan around to see detail on the relatively smaller display. In that case whatever drives the display in my phone does a remarkably good job of smoothing the expanded pixels to make the over-zoomed image look less pixel-y without making it look obviously smoothed. Except for the few red objects (bag, hose, outlet cover). It went the other way on the red parts and rendered them with larger-than-pixel red squares. I've not seen that before. See attached part of a screenshot of what I assumed would look the same for everyone. Well, that's excessively magnified, but the effect was "wrong" enough at normal resolution to make me look closer.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming, which is less about red.
(oh yeah, and a diary entry to read...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pmc

Post by pmc »

pmc

Post by pmc »

Dreadful dilemma! There must be a better way...

If only there were something like...
EC130-A-f.jpg
...then we'd have the best of both!
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Re Today's pic of the day NICE :D
Novie
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

You never said that about yesterday's pic :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Sorry Checkie but I marvel at such workmanship you see. Mind you nearly fell of my ruddy stool when today's pic of the day came up :shock: Only kidding William ;)
Cheers
Novie
Gareth Hayes

Post by Gareth Hayes »

You're quite right with the caption of today's pic. It is extremely hard to believe that is Donald's original fuel filter. Over 30 years in the bottom of a lake, & you manage to make look like a brand new, fresh out of it's box part! Every time I see something like this, I'm newly dumbfounded by the work you guys are doing
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I remember taking the lid off the filter body to see what was inside and saying something like, 'Oooooh!'.
It really had survived very well but it was almost completely immersed in clean fuel, which is itself quite amazing.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

Amazing survival (Fuel filter pic of the day). Is that the original 'O' ring too? Proper industrial archaeology.
The O ring on my bathroom sink plug fails every 12 months, I wish I could find one that will last 50 years.