Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks, everyone...

Taking the floors off was the first major commitment in this project. Everything else we could bolt back on and pretend we'd never had it apart but the floors were a different animal and I didn't much fancy being the bloke who took Bluebird to pieces and never put her back together again so those floors have reminded me ever since. Then we had no idea whether they'd fix, being exotic material, and if not, what would we do... In the end we got them within 1/32 of an inch over 20 feet and totally original so a satisfactory ending.

Next we have to paint the underside so we can get the centre hull down off the rollover jig, get some systems back in for a test or two and the plan is to take her for some basic testing on a privately owned stretch of water while Coniston and the LDNPA sort out the red carpet.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

Techteam

Post by Techteam » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:52 am

As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Good to see you got our best features there Mike!! :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm

There aren't many things that Rob has inserted for the first and last time... But this was one of them! :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 pm

I am saying nothing ;)

When you come to a fork in the road, take it

thunderer

Post by thunderer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:51 am

jonwrightk7 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm
There aren't many things that Rob has inserted for the first and last time... But this was one of them! :D :D
With the conotations that post conjures up, it is, perhaps, a good decision not to make a comment on it, other than "ooer missus" !
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"