Pic of the Day

Canopener Al

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Canopener Al »

Seeing the pictures of legs sticking out of K7 reminds me of the rubbish I have had to do with the electrics of the Jaguar! More pain and suffering today due to broken wires.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

I have a couple of questions regarding today's POTD and the one on Wednesday. Firstly, is the new seat and harness a permanent installation or will Donald's original seat be going back after the proving trials? And secondly, seeing the unfinished tail fin in the background on Wednesday's POTD made me wonder if it will be fitted for the crew training on Bute in August? I guess it's not strictly necessary for low speed runs. Thanks.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Seeing the harness reminds me of when i was at Popham aerojumble (which is on, on monday) afew years ago, there were 4 NOS sets of those harnesses,£25 each. Was going to buy them but had the finance manager bleating "What on earth do you want those for? Put them down & don't waist my money!!!" :(
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Did you get an original radio to fit?
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

On the subject of the harness, and in fear of been labelled some type of idiot, while I know its new and will be excellently maintained there have been a few instances of them failing to release in some powerboat incidents. While not expecting Ted to ruin all your hard work but perhaps one of the more foolproof lever type for testing and then those beauties for display?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Did you get an original radio to fit?
We did. Back in the Hapless lottery Failure days we got a load of grief from a journalist who was convinced there was a conspiracy afoot involving the BBC and loads of money we weren't getting but he thought we were. He pestered for info using endless FOI requests until literally no one would talk to him. So he rang me to ask why and I just told him. He was a monumental pain in the arse and no one could stand him - that any info he did obtain he wouldn't put to good use so he could go forth. He called me childish and hung up. A week later he called me to ask if what I'd said was true, I said it was so he called me childish again and hung up a second time. The third time he called was to say he knew some military re-enactment types and could get us exactly the right radio, which he proceeded to do, I assume as an act of atonement. He keeps in touch sporadically and he's OK these days
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

while I know its new and will be excellently maintained there have been a few instances of them failing to release in some powerboat incidents.
We could fit a spanking new harness then hope the rest of the 1954/66 Cold War gubbins that was wet for three and a half decades and marginal even before that holds together and continues to function. You know, sometimes a bit of danger is exciting and worth the risk...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

:shock: :roll:
midlife

Post by midlife »

Don’t worry Ted, I’m sure it will all be fine... lol
Cheers
Wayne

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Will the radio be used or will a modern handheld be used?