Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Renegadenemo »

We have a bowser with a pump coming so we shouldn't need the acrobatics depicted in today's POTD but, yes, fuelling will almost certainly be land-based. The big tin machine gets through an amazing amount of juice. Only a six or seven minute run to check values and look at the idle position slurps away so much that you can't see the level anymore and it seems to take an age to get it filled up again. Just another parameter to learn about and record on our crew training mission.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Cometh the hour, Cometh the man.
Richie

Post by Richie »

If this was the movie Top Gun, Stew would be a baddie, everyone knows that the baddies flew the black planes in that movie :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
sheppane

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by sheppane »

2018-07-25.jpg
Compare
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Bluebird 20 MB 8-12-66.jpg
... and Contrast...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

They're bloody awful things. It's like someone clashed a five bar gate on the front of all our hard work but they look like the old photos so they must be right...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:02 pm They're bloody awful things. It's like someone clashed a five bar gate on the front of all our hard work but they look like the old photos so they must be right...
Indeed they are, but in the interests of authenticity, you've made a proper job of them.

conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

I can't help wondering if that canopy misted up on that cold January morning.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

conistoncollie wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:18 am I can't help wondering if that canopy misted up on that cold January morning.
I think Campbell was way too much of a pro to allow that to have that happen and effect his ability to conduct K7. The images of the day don't point to it happening either.

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

I can't help wondering if that canopy misted up on that cold January morning.
i can absolutely guarantee you without any shadow of a doubt that on a cold morning unless the pilot space was heated before an attempt the canopy would of steamed up even as it was drawn shut. The big fan behind may of helped but in my experience unless you go to some lengths to prevent it, that is a 2kw fan heater, a blanket and a thick down jacket over the canopy you cannot see sh1t till about halfway down the run and that includes trying to breath out through the rescue ports in the side of a modern canopy...
once the motor had been lit then no problem, it’s not going to steam up for about 10 hours