Pic of the Day

Richie

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Richie » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:21 pm

I have been coverd in choccy so long now I don't bother washing :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:46 pm

ive been asked if i am a vet?!! top day in the workshop yesterday. top people, doing a top job, on a unique craft! well done team!!!!
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:12 am

Another full on session in the workshop Yesterday riveting away. I've been trying various bottles of stuff all day long in an attempt to get this dam choccy sauce of my hands,forearms,elbows after Saturdays session! I even managed to get some on my temple and ear of all places. Bloody good job I didn't need a number one or two during the day :lol:

Been getting some funny looks in the shop when handing the customers their change today :shock:
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:15 am

I've been trying various bottles of stuff all day long in an attempt to get this dam choccy sauce of my hands,forearms,elbows after Saturdays session!
Have you tried soap and water? :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Richie

Post by Richie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 am

Baby wipes are awesome for getting the choccy out.... And that is not a euphemism ! Although it's good at that too
Last edited by Richie on Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob565uk

POTD 10th February 2014 "Thousands"

Post by rob565uk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:43 am

I looked at today's striking POTD, showing Righty sponson with planing wedge attached and the word "Thousands" sprang to mind:

The planing wedge, supplied and machined by our Sponsors MKW Engineering at a cost of thousands...

The Sponson core, painstakingly built by Team members and representing over a thousand hours of planning, technical meetings, procurement of materials, creation of special tooling and of course, voluntary labour...

The good part is that the finished boat will most certainly be appreciated and admired by... thousands :)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Thousands of bloody holes more like! :lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Thousands of bloody holes more like! :lol:
I'd say we're at about 1500 for those two skins.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Richie

Post by Richie » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:15 pm

And an easy 1500 for the basic core not that there is anything basic about those cores !

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 pm

My apologies for the very late appearance of today's POTD- my internet was down for much of today- bad weather maybe? (And as it was, we also got stuck in a shopping centre with no power this afternoon!) Anyway, here it is in full on the forum as well -
2014-02-14.jpg
The skin is on and pinned down enough to give us a start and Novie is wielding the Avdel gun and firing in the first few ‘easy’ blind rivets; these go wherever there is an inaccessible void and they get a tremendous hold on things. After this, we’ll settle down into riveting teams for the day and do the other few hundred rivets the harder way…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.