Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

lsrdatabase

Re: Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

Post by lsrdatabase »

Renegadenemo wrote:
Driving it away from the North East will not go unnoticed.
Unless we have to make a secret, dawn departure for Dumbelyung...

Hi from FRED,

Wouldn't it be nice to try and make it for the 10th Anniversary on 12th September 2011. Maybe Donald could get his own Head Line just once more.

Regards, to all, Fred

'I'm just that bloke, who won't go away!'
geoffmarsh

Post by geoffmarsh »

malcolm uk wrote:
From now onwards every request to be told "the date" should come on a signed twenty pound note.
:roll:

If Bill does not know then I do not either! :D

Nothing can be done in secret with a large jet powered blue boat and there will be plenty of time to gauge when the powered runs will start. Driving it away from the North East will not go unnoticed.
I thought it would be a FAQ! And the £20 note is in the post!
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

I am sure that there are many appropriate dates on which to re-float K7 .......... and the members of this forum will be able to real them off without any requirement to go to reference material - Paul, Neil, Fred, Polo, BluebirdK7, etc ...

Just remember though that the BBP will not have freedom to choose any of the 365 (or 366) days in the year to go above 10 mph, which will herald the proving trial. But there is nothing to stop a float out as this would be outwith the bye law requirement. ;)

Are there any other questions which may be frequent but do not have an answer? :lol:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The Authority Committee of the Lake District National Park passed today, just before 11.15, the recommendation of the officers to deliver the new bye law wording to DEFRA for the final consultation before confirmation.

No one expects there to be a public enquiry. Nothing said by Natural England or DEFRA affects the bye laws as they have been presented on the LDNPA website (see the committe agenda page).

It was interesting that the August meeting of the Park Strategy and Vision Committee was held in the village of Coniston and an Authority member made the point that there was not one protest made even though the subject of K7 and the bye laws was on that meetings agenda.

The majority want the trials and now BBP Operations has to deliver the event, without the budget of the Olympic opening ceremony to work with! :lol:
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'd like to point out that, although this seems to have moved on from committee to committee to consultation after consultation with apparent ease, Sir Malcolm here and the other op's boys have done a tremendous amount of hard work answering questions, writing documents, explaining and in some cases arguing points pertaining to our proving trials and, I'm sure, will deliver a world-class event. Thanks guys...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Nothing yet on the DEFRA website under "consultations". Bluebird Bye Law is likely to be amongst 'badgers' and 'bananas' which are current (go and look at the site - www.defra.gov.uk ).

Mike - seems no one wanted to comment on your last posting. Probably best to wait until we are Coniston with the boat, as then I will have achieved something. All those on the main page have been totally involved at some point in recovery or restoration and most are making things that will bring the boat back to life.

Any way with a picture we don't want to frighten too many viewing the site. [Paul needs an updated picture because of his face fungus disguise!]

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Whats so annoying is that there does not seem to be much grey in it either.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

In terms of the bye laws in their "K7 amended form" we are now entering the final (DEFRA) consultation stage. Started today for one more month. Then the Secretary of State should sign them off. Then we start putting detail to the proving trial, so that we can show all concerned that there will not be any damage to people, places, wildlife or water.

Go to the LDNPA 'Bluebird Consultation' pages to see the documents.

So if the "regeneration team" would care to throw on some more recycled tin we may get a boat and trials ready at the same time :lol:

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
bootsrabbit

When Will She Run Again?

Post by bootsrabbit »

Hi all!,
Im trying to find any dates of trial runs of "Bluebird K7" Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
Simon Waterhouse
Girl

Re: When Will She Run Again?

Post by Girl »

Hello Simon,

Good question but one we dont have an answer for as yet, watch this space though.

Girl