Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

malcolm uk

Re: Bluebird K7 Bye Law amendments

Post by malcolm uk » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 pm

The ride at Coventry uses Andy's comment as he achieves the supersonic LSR and it is the way he says it (after earlier runs with double chute failure, running too far down the course and an over run of the hour) that raises the hairs on the back of the neck. He was glad to park SSC afterwards.

The restorers now have the opportunity to run K7 and that will be wonderful for me.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:25 pm

fantastic news! well done all concerned :D :D :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..

James-C

Post by James-C » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 am

Absoulty fantastic news, it is the only 'right' place to run the old girl. Anywhere elese would just be a travesty

James

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm

The 'right place'.

I would have thought so too ......... but those with special garments can suggest a lot of other lakes where she ran for publicity, tests, as well as records. If others had thought/think that Coniston Water was/is not the right place then other plans would have fallen into place - and someone did suggest the River Tyne.

Operations are now working on the detailed operating plans for Coniston Water.

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 pm

and someone did suggest the River Tyne.
It's not as daft as it sounds. There's a whole section of it unrestricted and viewing would be easy as well as having good support for engineering and visitors. On the other hand we'd be in real trouble if we sank our boat in a flowing river and then there's the question of salt in the water.
Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

StewDurham

Post by StewDurham » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 pm

I dunno - Lake Mead would have been a cool holiday. :-)
Good luck to the BBP team, makes me proud to be British (and a North-easterner to boot!). Damn fine work, chaps!

Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 pm

StewDurham wrote:I dunno - Lake Mead would have been a cool holiday. :-)
Lake Maggiore anyone? The food...the wine... :P

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:
and someone did suggest the River Tyne.
It's not as daft as it sounds. There's a whole section of it unrestricted and viewing would be easy as well as having good support for engineering and visitors. On the other hand we'd be in real trouble if we sank our boat in a flowing river and then there's the question of salt in the water.
Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
Personally speaking Bala Lake is awesome - for what its worth I believe Crusader was tested there pre record attempt?

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 am

Renegadenemo wrote: Bala Lake in Snowdonia was a much better alternate location. It even looks like Coniston.
Better geographically perhaps, but just imagine all of the obstacles that have had to be surmounted in obtaining permission to run at Coniston and then factor in the likelihood of the locals opposing the project rather than supporting it.... :roll:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:21 pm

At over twice the distance and twice the traveling time it was still a very real possibility and totally do able :D It would be a shame to let all the people of the surrounding area's in the Lake's be robbed of a homecoming pass through their villages and towns on route to Coniston let alone run K7 on a Welsh Lake!!
However as Mr.Smith states it nice to have a Plan B just incase all go's wrong. Not quite the same going down the A1 etc!
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"