The Barracuda Project

Jordangbr

broken Barracuda Project

Post by Jordangbr »

What is the difference between a gun carrier, tank and self propelled howitzer AS90?
Just wondering...
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Re: broken Barracuda Project

Post by Richie »

hahahahaha yes mate but mine is ...same kit different markingsthe european campaign one.... later Mk of my 1:1 carrrier but only subtle differences (between Mk's)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The fledgling broken Barracuda Project is growing...
It certainly is and I'm off to the FAAM on Thurs to meet and greet and look over the rest of the scrap and I can't wait. We've finally come of age and built enough bridges with our old, sworn enemies, the musos, that we can at last work together and it's going to be amazing. We're doing odds and ends of Barra' stuff between our tasks on K7, which of course is our absolute No.1 priority, but the little bits we've done have demonstrated that we can knock out a Barra' for the FAAM without too much trouble so we're going for it.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Bill.

cut and paste this link into youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04g3AdH2ok

some very familiar lumps in amongst that lot ! when do we go ??
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Richie wrote:Bill.

cut and paste this link into youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p04g3AdH2ok

some very familiar lumps in amongst that lot ! when do we go ??
It'll fix. :)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

I absolutely love the thought of an extinct aircraft being brought back from the dead, although it seems that not everyone would agree with me; I found this poem as a comment on the Daily Mail article in a previous link. Mind you, on the other hand I once knew a guy who had actually flown a Barracuda (although not in action) and he wouldn't hear a word said against it....

Why should the unoffending sky
Be tainted and corrupted by
This product of a twisted brain,
That's aeronautically insane,
This vile and hideous abortion,
Devoid of beauty and proportion,
That people call a Barracuda,
Whose form is infinitely cruder
Than any other scheme or plan
As yet conceived by mind of man.
To see it stagger into space
Would bring a blush upon the face
Of the most hardened Pharisee
Within the aircraft industry.
But I suggest we don't decry
This winged horror of the sky;
But keep it 'til the war is won,
And then we'll all join in the fun.
Festoon the wings with fairy lights
And wheel it out on gala nights,
Thus so we'll help dispel the rumour
That Britons have no sense of humour.

---- Anon presumed written by a Fleet Air Arm Pilot.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Richie

Post by Richie »

cant be chuffed to read through 11 pages maaaan........plenty of spares wedged into hillsides it would seem..... there is a truck load of ww2 aircraft wedged into the side of the cheviot too i have ran past them on a number of occasions.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Richie wrote:........plenty of spares wedged into hillsides it would seem.....
...and best left there unless there is a good and compelling reason to remove them, such as unique historic interest or a viable rebuild project such as this one.
Here's a Barracuda site not far from my home which might once have yielded some goodly spares for a rebuild but won't any more....
http://peakwreckhunters.blogspot.com/20 ... _2305.html
Richie

Post by Richie »

On Cheviot itself there are bits of B17G, VickersWarwick, Hallifax, and a Stirling but nothing worthy of taking (except a radial engine from the B17G which is like a block of rust) it seems they were robbed many years ago just bits of confetti like tin now... and dont worry, i dont go taking stuff in any event....
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Richie wrote: nothing worthy of taking ... and dont worry, i dont go taking stuff in any event....
Good man. I wonder sometimes what motivates people who loot crash sites for no purpose. There's a Whitley crash site near where I live where, a few years ago, could be found just a few tiny scraps of torn and melted aluminium; barely enough to fit in one hand, nothing recognisable as a component or of value as a souvenier but enough to determine the location of the crash site and enable one to interpret the scars in the ground nearby.
Now? Nothing. Somebody has gone to the trouble of taking away every last scrap of evidence needed to pinpoint the place where the tragic events unfolded all those years ago. Hold on, this is turning into a rant.... :o