The Barracuda Project

Renegadenemo

Re: The Barracuda Project

Post by Renegadenemo »

My 2p worth. Maybe I should stick to Bye laws and fast cars, bikes, boats etc.....
I offered to go down there and present to their trustees but I was assured I'd not get through to them - I considered seeing how your diary looked then thought better of it...

What they are not getting away with is that for over two years we gave them heart and soul to bring home a ground breaking project that we could carry on with after Bluebird is done and soon as they got scared of the admirals we became expendable and were dropped like a dead cockroach. It's not about the plane or the museum or the project, it's about the shameful way we've been treated and they are either going to make it right, apologise in a big way or walk themselves obstinately from humiliation to humiliation in a bloody-minded attempt to do neither.

Meanwhile, our beloved tin boat is coming on in leaps and bounds. Sponson top for Lefty for me tomorrow and I've a feeling John and Rich will finish the lifting brackets and Mike will get the steering in. Just need jobs for Gillian and Aerospace-Rob now.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Richie

Post by Richie »

What did I do wrong ? ^^^^^^^^^
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Glad that there's forward movement on this again!

Regarding the deflating Oleo, how quickly is it losing pressure? Only if it's holding for a couple of days then what's the betting that this is normal? I can see "pump the tail wheel strut up" being part of a preflight checklist.
Matt in Mid Wales
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's been lying in the stores since we built it but it was certainly pressurised for a good week or two, though at what pressure we've no idea as it has to get pretty soggy before you can squash it by hand.

Time will tell whether or not the FAAM officially rescind their poor decision but in the meantime, if they just say nothing, everyone will live happily ever after.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
polo

Post by polo »

surprised that no one has been in touch re all this, they know the Hoo Har this has caused
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Oh I'm sure someone will be along in due course but an occasionally useful feature of bureaucracy is that it's too slow to get out of its own way so plenty of time...

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:Oh I'm sure someone will be along in due course but an occasionally useful feature of bureaucracy is that it's too slow to get out of its own way so plenty of time...
Does that mean I can lead the Operations team at a much slower pace?

It is always hard to say sorry and then re-establish any relationship.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Does that mean I can lead the Operations team at a much slower pace?

It is always hard to say sorry and then re-establish any relationship.

Malcolm, the Op's Team and how it does what it does remains a mystery to me and so far miraculous things have been achieved so it's entirely your baby...

Re the FAAM - we certainly did nothing wrong this time, and that may well be a first, so it's their place to apologise but you are right, so instead they have the option of shutting up and blaming someone who just retired. Failing that, just bring us a set of drawings for one of those WWSR boats you keep talking about and we'll knock it together for you.

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:
Malcolm, the Op's Team and how it does what it does remains a mystery to me and so far miraculous things have been achieved so it's entirely your baby...

Failing that, just bring us a set of drawings for one of those WWSR boats you keep talking about and we'll knock it together for you.
Always good to keep the boss unaware of how things happen. Many bosses do not then drop extra work on to your toes. I have been to the FAAM once before so could always find it again.

I am just the person reporting on 'those WWSR boats'. Can't see all of them being built yet and some will not use steel/alloy - carbon may be te build materials of choice. There may however already be a deep rutted path to PDS in the NW.

I am a car guy at heart and steel is good .............. :idea: :idea:

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I am a car guy at heart and steel is good .............. :idea: :idea:
Hmmm - never thought of a car. Much easier than a boat. How about a twin Orph' installation?