The Barracuda Project

Andrew453

Re: broken Barracuda Project

Post by Andrew453 »

quicksilver-wsr wrote: Wonderful days, long-gone, alas. We are a bit spoilt for choice now, as people can even retrieve warbirds from 50 years' entombment in glaciers and put them back into the air. Which is a great achievement, of course. But in the days of the Strathallan Collection, aircraft like the ones Willie Roberts owned really did seem like ghosts that had mysteriously materialised out of the ether, and that's how I remember them.
Happy memories indeed. Had a rake around the bookshelves this evening and found my copy of the Coys catalogue for Strathallan auction in 1981. (Was it really that long ago?) Willie Roberts really did amass an extraordinary collection and the spares holdings alone - not least those overhauled, inhibited and crated Merlins - would be worth a small fortune today.
And do you remember the wonderful story about the RAF delivering the museum's Comet...by air...to a grass airfield? One of the undercarriage legs collapsed as it touched down - now there's a surprise - and the thing slid the length of the runway before coming to a halt in a field. Swift change of underwear for the aircrew after that one, I suspect!
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Wow!!!
Bloody marvelous job. When did Bill have the time to knock out that job then. He kept that quiet.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Was last Wednesday mate, sorry you missed it.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
klingon

Post by klingon »

Aye but the Spitfire in the collection has ended up stuffed and hanging from Kelvingrove museum roof-ahh the ignomy :(
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

bluebirdsback wrote:Was last Wednesday mate, sorry you missed it.
Bugger! Missed that one Roberto by heck what a great job. Mmmm! However why were you not working on the real deal? I will have to dock your pay at the weekend old chap. So that's two biscuits and a cup of tea less for Roberto next Saturday :lol: But seriously that looks bloody fantastic mate from were it came from . Far better than being stuffed and put on strings.

Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
heinkel

Post by heinkel »

Hi

Tony Harmsworth calling from Aeroplane Monmthly magazine. I have been reading the posts regarding the Barracuda restoration with great interest. It would be great to put something about this exciting initiative in the news section of Aeroplane.
Could you e-mail me back at [email protected] about the possibility about getting something in the magazine? We could put a plea in asking readers for any leads on acquiring parts.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Piece of cake. (thats my clean version)
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Richie

Post by Richie »

nice model there Mike.... i have a carrier one if you want to do it..... would look like **** if i did it :)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

Its a 1:35 Tamiya kit..... the quality looks quite good for it being Tamiya...
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

broken Barracuda Project

Post by Jordangbr »

Which carrier is it Richie?
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!