Quicksilver

Phill GB

Re: Quicksilver

Post by Phill GB »

Unfortunately there are far too many of these idiots kicking about, of all types, but at least we all know that they are ****ing idiots. We try were possible to steer clear but they have this incredable knack of turning up when you least expect it.

Nigel, keep your "pecker" up and **** 'em all, they wont be laughing when we all are but will no doubt try and claim some of the credit for it all going right in the end! Cheers mate!
A member of the Quicksilver Corporate Club - www.quicksilver-wsr.com
"The Quicksilver World Water Speed Record Challenge" 318mph+
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

It's sometimes very difficult to spot these people coming, but hopefully it's possible through experience to know when to be on your guard and when to be receptive. I hope I'm getting better at making the distinction - otherwise there's no benefit at all to getting older!

The Quicksilver project has had more than its fair share of folk who weren't quite what was advertised when they first walked in the door. And I've been ripped-off badly before. But that's all part of the game in any way of life, and that well-worn phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," certainly applies here.

Well, I'm still in the kitchen - and cooking with gas, as it happens! But I think there are a few - a small few, I'd like to think - who assumed that when I went bankrupt last year, and the original Quicksilver company fell under the wheels of the recession, that this would be the end of the Quicksilver project. But, of course, the project isn't the company. They were always two separate things. There was a project long before there was a company.

The company was there to serve the project, and when it could no longer do so, well of course it was a blow, but it wasn't the end because the project carries on regardless of whether there is a company there to assist it or not. There could be a Third World War and it would still carry on.

So we'll park politics and rip-off merchants for now and my next couple of posts will hopefully be about engineering matters ... which, in a way of looking at it, is all that matters.
quicksilver-wsr

Seen on BBP forum this morning: "Mike Bull is 38 today"

Wow, Mike, are you 38? - and yet you look so young!

(Creeping up to Mike cos we're best mates now ;) )

Seriously, Mike - Happy Birthday, mate :D
stevestorm

Post by stevestorm »

happy birthday, mike, all the best, BIG STEVE,
stevestorm

Post by stevestorm »

hi nigel, im looking forward to meeting you on saturday, im coming as a guest of phill jukes,we are of the same ilk! and want to see you regain the record, regards BIG STEVE
stevestorm

Post by stevestorm »

hi mike, are you going to the meet/greet on saturday? if so would love to buy you a drink ( just to sellabrate ) your birthday, poss the redgate bar??? BIG STEVE!
quicksilver-wsr

Mike Bull wrote:*baffled about birthday being on the forum somewhere*
Yes, Mike, it's there for thousands to read, so no chance now of keeping your age a secret!

Steve, I'm glad to see that Quicksilver has a new supporter! I look forward to meeting you on Saturday. I don't know if the bar at Redgate Lodge is open. The last I heard, Donington Park had been trashed and needs a lot of work doing on it before it's raceworthy again. :cry:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ugh - she's my mistress too. And I got there first...

Didn't see Mike's birthday on the forum either. Maybe it was on Datebook-Facebollocks for all the perverts, identity thieves and sexually motivated murderers to read... Poor Toyota were globally taken to task for a sticky throttle while Facebollocks reliably kills one young girl a month and gets away with it. Someone should have a damn-good rant about it...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

When you log on it had Mike Bull (38) at the bottom of the page.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
quicksilver-wsr

Yup, it was flagged-up the BBP forum logon page and I believe the exact wording was "Congratulations: Mike Bull (38)"