Quicksilver

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Quicksilver

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed May 12, 2010 9:32 am

Yes, well it's a brilliant feeling when you make something that goes 'Click-swiisssssssssshhhhh' :lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am

He means he made a brilliant thing that goes 'Click-swiisssssssssshhhhh'.

It actually went, Click-swiisssssssssshhhhh - yippeee!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

stevestorm

Post by stevestorm » Sun May 16, 2010 3:52 pm

gentlmen, as a engineer/technician for 35 years, dont you think that it is better to build somthing that goes, click swiissssssshhhh, than somthing that just goes CLICK?? the problem with just CLICK! means that you have a a fault? it doesnt work? CLICK swiisssssshhhh, means it works ? but CLICK WWOOOOOOSSSHHH, means you have just set the new world record!!! if we vector the WWOOOOOSSSHHHH, factor in to the equation,nigel will be able to bring the W.S.R. home to britain. PLEASE stop all the bickering, and surport his efforts, after all,do we want the aussies to hold the record forever?? many thanks, BIG STEVE.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Welcome 'Big Steve', and thanks for your posting, but I don't think anyone here is bickering- we just have a good cut and thrust of debate.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun May 16, 2010 4:08 pm

PLEASE stop all the bickering, and surport his efforts
We don't bicker and we do support Nigel - wholeheartedly. We also like to spur a spot of debate and throw ideas into the pot. If Nigel is to bring the record home there'll be a damn-sight more hardship, disappointment and tears than anything we could generate in here! Where are you, Nigel? Not heard from you in a few days.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Sun May 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Hello, Bill. I'm here, keeping an eye on the site. I'm not sulking, so no worries there. Yes, I don't take the hard edges of life very easily, but I'm a toughy underneath. I happen to like you guys, so I take any of the rough stuff with a pinch of salt anyway. Whatever aggro goes down, I'll still admire the work you chaps are doing and the way that you have carried the Bluebird project into a brilliant new chapter that will keep the name - nay, the legend - fresh and vital for years to come.

I have been snowed under with work for the project, hence the silence. Plus there were a lot of issues and/or questions that came up in recent posts, so it's diffilcult to know where to start answering and addressing them, but I will make a start soon and I do fully intend to be a feature of your forum going forward ... "I've started so I'll finish."

Throughout my project, apart from the years with Ken Norris, who was one of the good guys, I have been beset by "political" problems from a succession of individuals who seem not to like the idea of a working class guy like me aiming for the stratospheric heights. You chaps are not included in that list, but there is one particularly nasty piece of work who has come back again (nobody you know) to hassle me, and it is upsetting, annoying and frustrating when I have to spend valuable time and effort fighting these horrible types when I should be pressing on with what really matters.

That's another reason why I've been radio-silent.

But nobody has managed to stop me chasing my goal, and having a dream worth fighting for, and the more certain people have tried to derail me, the more determined I am to overcome and prove these b***rds wrong.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun May 16, 2010 7:02 pm

but there is one particularly nasty piece of work who has come back again (nobody you know) to hassle me, and it is upsetting, annoying and frustrating when I have to spend valuable time and effort fighting these horrible types
Ah - the old 'type III' idiots, eh. We've had a couple of those.

It was actually someone high up in the byelaw amendment process who coined the phrase - or almost, anyway. He said once you get rid of the type I and type II idiots all should be well. When I asked him the difference he said Type I idiots were just that while Type II idiots were f*****g idiots!
We decided on an extra category for Type II idiots who are also career losers and designated them a Type III.

Annoying, aren't they. On the upside they really hate being proven wrong and it's not difficult as a rule so chin up, Nigel.

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes, and very often the "career losers" are just that on more than one level. They have got the career they wanted, got themselves to where they wanted to be, and then they find that it isn't such a special place after all and their ego - badly bruised, if not smashed to smithereens - causes them, then, to try to bash down everybody they perceive might be showing them up, so they can win the prize of King of the Midgets.

Yuk!!

Phill GB

Post by Phill GB » Wed May 19, 2010 10:55 am

Unfortunately there are far too many of these idiots kicking about, of all types, but at least we all know that they are ****ing idiots. We try were possible to steer clear but they have this incredable knack of turning up when you least expect it.

Nigel, keep your "pecker" up and **** 'em all, they wont be laughing when we all are but will no doubt try and claim some of the credit for it all going right in the end! Cheers mate!
A member of the Quicksilver Corporate Club - www.quicksilver-wsr.com
"The Quicksilver World Water Speed Record Challenge" 318mph+

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm

It's sometimes very difficult to spot these people coming, but hopefully it's possible through experience to know when to be on your guard and when to be receptive. I hope I'm getting better at making the distinction - otherwise there's no benefit at all to getting older!

The Quicksilver project has had more than its fair share of folk who weren't quite what was advertised when they first walked in the door. And I've been ripped-off badly before. But that's all part of the game in any way of life, and that well-worn phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," certainly applies here.

Well, I'm still in the kitchen - and cooking with gas, as it happens! But I think there are a few - a small few, I'd like to think - who assumed that when I went bankrupt last year, and the original Quicksilver company fell under the wheels of the recession, that this would be the end of the Quicksilver project. But, of course, the project isn't the company. They were always two separate things. There was a project long before there was a company.

The company was there to serve the project, and when it could no longer do so, well of course it was a blow, but it wasn't the end because the project carries on regardless of whether there is a company there to assist it or not. There could be a Third World War and it would still carry on.

So we'll park politics and rip-off merchants for now and my next couple of posts will hopefully be about engineering matters ... which, in a way of looking at it, is all that matters.