10th Anniversary

Terminator

10th Anniversary

Post by Terminator »

My God having just spoken to Sal the Diver last evening and realising that today marks the 10th Anniversary of when we lifted the old girl back into this world! Ten years how times flies :o

Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Re: 10th Anniversary

Post by Renegadenemo »

Yup - 10 years today.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Pullman99

Post by Pullman99 »

Another great milestone. Or should that be kilometre marker?!!

Well done to all and congratulations on this important anniversary. It is one of my greatest personal regrets that I was not at Coniston on this day in 2001. The Bluebird Project has touched many people in so many ways but what you have achieved, and continue to achieve, has set ever higher standards for those that may follow. An inspitration for us now that is very much in the spirit of Donald Campbell and Bluebird in earlier times.

Best wishes to all.
Ian Robinson
Bluebird K7 - the restoration project of the Century.
Richie

Post by Richie »

:D Happy anniversary to you guys....if you had not done what you did...when you did it..... K7 may have never seen the light of day, potentially robbed for trinkets and left to rot !

But more importantly Gina would not have had the opportunity to say goodbye to her father and see him put to rest.....this alone is a priceless gift to give someone

well done guys

Richie
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

But more importantly Gina would not have had the opportunity to say goodbye to her father and see him put to rest..
That was the important part at the time and I know Gina was pleased to have put her dad to rest after so many years yet all along I was looking at the wreckage quietly longing for the chance to put it all together again. I never told anyone this before but I dismantled the LH cockpit wall so I could have a play with the various materials to see whether they'd fix then I put it all back together just as it was in case a museum got their hands on it.

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

My wife Gill has just commented that the way things are going it will be another ten year before we get the bugger back on there. She of little faith. :lol:
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Not a chance... we're well on the way. Been working on the start system all day and it's mostly plumbed back together now. Just waiting on the new over-pressure valves from Barry and a fancy regulator that works from 0 - 3000psi and we'll start making a noise that's going to be nothing compared to the blatt of rivet guns when the painted parts come back from BettaBlast. Well happy with our schedule.

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

A small gathering took place yesterday to mark the 10th Anniversary from left to right Phil and Judith Dixon owners of the Bluebird cafe who kept us all supplied with bacon butties and hot chocolates throughout the project :D Then two of the original team of 2001, Yours truly and Sally the Diver and finally Andrew Sempill and his keen Donald Campbell Enthusiast wife Dawn Sempill who was there to see the raising of Bluebird back into this world after 34yrs. Sadly for Andrew he didn't make it on the day having to work which is a very sore point so we won't mention it ;)

Memories of the day were exchanged and hot chocolates and lovely slices of Victoria sponge and carrot cake were the order of the day scrummy :D
08032011.jpg
Novie
"I've Gone"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Memories of the day
Oh yes, how well I remember the whole world watching as we wrestled with the problem of how to get a ton and a half of scrap metal out of a lake. No pressure...

sal the diver

Post by sal the diver »

good memories, great to see some of you again.
funniest memory is bill wincing like a girl when he cracked his head open on preditor's wheelhouse!
sal
who me???