Happy Birthday, Donald!!

captainbear

Happy Birthday, Donald!!

Post by captainbear » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Surely, this must be the best forum on the web. over 200 members and still going strong on interesting posts. Many congratulations to whoever started it.
All because of one man and his derring-do with a rather fast boat!! I'm off for a pint tonight, so I will raise my glass to the Donald and wish him a very Happy Birthday. He would have loved all this but then again, if he was still here at 88 years of age, we wouldn't be mending his boat, would we?
And I'm on my knees looking for the answer, are we Human or are we Dancer.

Mike Bull

Re: Happy Birthday, Donald!!

Post by Mike Bull » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I suspect if he was still with us at 88, the nurses in his care home would have to be on their guard! :lol:

Aye, we swear at his boat and hit it with hammers and no end of other air-powered violence, but he's always up there on the workshop wall watching over us- never forgotten, that's for sure.

sheppane

Post by sheppane » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:34 pm

Certainly not forgotten... Happy Birthday Donald...
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. http://www.bluebirdk7.com

klingon

Post by klingon » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:42 am

captainbear wrote:Surely, this must be the best forum on the web. over 200 members and still going strong on interesting posts. Many congratulations to whoever started it.
All because of one man and his derring-do with a rather fast boat!! I'm off for a pint tonight, so I will raise my glass to the Donald and wish him a very Happy Birthday. He would have loved all this but then again, if he was still here at 88 years of age, we wouldn't be mending his boat, would we?
Nope-We'd be building his latest one! :lol:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"