New Members

Terminator

Re: New Members

Post by Terminator » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi Mike
Well here I am at last! Not the most original user name I know but it will do. Well at least I finally got around to joining the Bluebird Project Forum you can stop nagging me now. A Big Hello to one and all on the forum my name is Novie Dzinora and I have been onboard the Bluebird Project these past 8 years and a fan of Donald Campbell for a lot longer than I care to remember. Not sure how everytning works old chap so I will be on the phone to you night and day :lol: see I just tried to put up a smiley face and this whatever it is came up! Oh well all I need is a pic to go with my User name. Will give you a call tomorrow morning when I get up to do the papers :D Its done it again! I hope the smiley faces appear properly when I send this dam thing?

Anyway hopefully I am joined up properly? Aha I've just found a Preview button :oops:

Novie

I'll Be Back!
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

andygus

Hello....Across the lakes??

Post by andygus » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Hello....my name is Andy...i have been following the Bluebird Project for a while now and wondered if anyone can help me....im after a D.V.D (if possible) of Anthony Hopkins - Across the Lake, and wondered if anyone could help me source a copy...iv looked online and found one but its really expensive and mostly only on V.H.S, (i no longer own a video player).

Would really appreciate any help...thanks guys

Andy :?

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 pm

The heartiest of welcomes, especially to our dear Novie!

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:13 am

Welcome aboard, Novie. Considering you were aboard Predator back in 2000 / 2001 when we lifted the boat and again in 2007 when we went back for the last pieces of scrap and you've never left us alone since it's taken you long enough to join us in here.
And welcome, Andy too. Can we find this gentleman a DVD copy of Across The Lake? I too only have it on VHS with no means of playing it so I'll have a copy too if there's one going spare.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Well as they say "All Good things come to he who waits" Mr. Smith :) To be totally honest as you know my life is a little more complicated these days!
Unlike it used to be in the good old days on board a Freezing Predator or in a Cold workshop every weekend freezing one's nuts off :shock: But it was fun :D OH YES.

I love these smilies Mike there brilliant like this one :twisted: or this one :idea:
won't be using the GREEN one though :lol:

Cheer guys for the hearty welcome glad to be aboard.
Novie

I'll Be Back :twisted:
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm

I might have a copy or two of across the lake on dvd ,if not i can run a couple off my "original" if i can call it original. Also has price of a record on there so if Andy wants to E mail me with details And Bill you should have asked me earlier, I will sort them out in the next week or so.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

klingon

Post by klingon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:20 am

bluebirdsback wrote:I might have a copy or two of across the lake on dvd ,if not i can run a couple off my "original" if i can call it original. Also has price of a record on there so if Andy wants to E mail me with details And Bill you should have asked me earlier, I will sort them out in the next week or so.
Watch the copyright dudes!-especially on the Project forum!-don't want "digs" from unwelcome areas--- :roll:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:02 pm

I thought to breech copyright you had to be making profit. I have not or never will ask for any payment for coppies of any discs i have, I paid about £45.00 for the ones i have so the guy i bought them from would be in breech. I always try to promote the project and if it costs me a couple of quid to copy and post a disc to someone interested in the Campbell story, which some profiteer would be charging upwards of 30 quid for and they cannot buy legaly anyway as the powers that be are slow to see a profit.

If the people then who recive my gift say Wow so that is what the project is all about, Then i am happy to have another convert.

Across the lake i think depicts the last days of Donald very well and if the BBC cant be arsed to release the film for the many people (I have given at least 10 coppies out) who want to see it what are the options.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong

klingon

Post by klingon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:52 am

Posession of copyright material not obtained from a legitimate source is an offence-believe it or not comes under the same laws as "pirate" dvds- the offence is Distributing copyright material-whether for material gain or not-still a criminal offence.I don't know for the life of me why the bods selling copies on ebay are getting away with it but they are-and at ripoff money as well-I sympathise with the guys who want the movie and given the chance would buy an officially sanctioned version of it but the powers that be in the BBC will not release it for sale-theres a dispute about intellectual ownership of the rights to release the movie-I know-I've tried through various pretty high up folks in the beeb to pressure a release of "Across The Lake" but the answer is a resounding no-despite there being a flourishing black market in copy dvds and vhs videos of it.Just don't want to see the Project getting a knock on the door from the boys in blue thats all! :roll:
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:42 pm

I recorded across the lake on vhs when it was shown on bbc in th 80,s and watched it over again and again blissfully unaware i was commiting any offence. Strange to think that the scumbags who broke into my flat while i was out and stole my video and entire collection of tapes including across the lake may have got thier collars felt for possesing a copyright film, They certainly didnt get done for pinching my stuff.

20 years later my wife bought me a 3 disc set for christmas which included across the lake, price of a record and even the one where Bill pulls the old girl out of the lake,. I spent all christmas day watching them. My god i need locking up and the key thrown away. I could always say that she bought them and have her put down too. Make me feel better.