Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Renegadenemo

Re: Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Post by Renegadenemo » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Neil, I am intrigued; how did you narrow it down to 1959?
He's not the resident historian for nothing, you know. Now about that steering gubbins...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:16 pm

sheppane wrote:
I wonder who was trying it on with the January 1967 date.
More to the point, I wonder why they would? Surely older photos are of equal or greater interest?
Maybe the photographer was present at the 1967 attempt as well and the negatives have just been put in the wrong envelopes. (Which explanation would raise the tantalising prospect of a load of unseen photos from 1967 being out there, labelled as 1959...)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am

Whatever the case, the enlarged view of the pics on ebay were worth saving, so I did; I seem to have saved myself five grand in the process as well! :lol:
'...no tears to cry no feelings left- this species has amused itself to death'.

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:04 pm

A funny little foreign language documentary about Donald has appeared on You Tube. (I think our Checkie might understand it though? :lol: ;)) At 02:50 you can see K7 being pushed away from the jetty on the morning of the 4th- identifiable because you can see the dented front spar fairing and this was the only time she ran after obtaining this damage- and also of interest from 10:33 is a view of Cobb's Crusader crash that I'd not seen before, passing nearer to the camera and seen from the other side than the more familiar footage-

Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Looks like they had a serious raid of the Pathe archive! I think I've got virtually all of the Campbell/Cobb/Thomas footage they used, from a similar raid I undertook many years ago during an extremely quiet & boring afternoon at work. :D
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...

klingon

Post by klingon » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Foreign language film is Vietnamese-from "Vietnam Today" programme- :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:41 pm

The Donald Campbell Mystery much better in English,God that was hard work watching first few mins! One of a few mysteries this company put out some years ago now. If I recall correctly this one made much of smoke effects and mystery. Donald's death/destiny was already in his make up! Nice to see it went all over the world though spreading the word so to speak :D
Novie :?
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:55 am

Great colour footage of K7 from 1964-

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 pm

excellent footage there mike :) :)

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Nice footage, Nothing we haven't seen before but it looks like it has been (electronically) cleaned up a bit? I like the staged footage by the lake with the boys smokin' their favorite brand, mebbe nowadays it would be a six pack or more probably their prescribed statins :roll:
I am always impressed how cleanly the Beryl powered outfit runs compared to the 67' footage, the boat pulls away nicely and makes the plane in what appears to be a nice smooth progression. While there is still some rooster 'chop' at speed it appears nowhere near as bad the later Orpheus setup and does make me think (especially following our earlier threads about various systems being a bit dodgy) that 'The Man' was more than struggling a bit in 67' to get the girl to perform......