Leo's Wiki Page

MikeT

Leo's Wiki Page

Post by MikeT »

I was bored this evening and having nowt to do on a Friday night again :roll: I decided to indulge a bit of wikipedia editing and a long time target of mine has been Villa's page since to be honest it was a bit on the poor side being only a few short sentences. I've done my best with what stuff I have to hand but since I only have a few Campbell books to go at I'm not sure how accurate it is. If anyone feels they can add anything or more important can spot any mistakes that need changing please do so or if ya have any details feel free to PM'em to me and i'll stick em up there. I've done a few of them before but its been a while and i'd forgot how big a pain it was remembering to put all the links in to the differant subjects. Also this is the first one i've owned up to publicly because some internet types can get a bit anal when it comes to details :roll: so I may be leaving myself wide open for a flaming here but non the less I enjoy sharing knowledge and it passes time.

I've been playing with the idea of a Norris one for the past few months but not sure which way to go, ie: a 'Norris Bros' page or seperate ones for Lew and Ken. Also if I was short of info for Leo I have next to sod all for Ken or Lew so again and help or info would be fab.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Villa

Thanks in advance.
Life's not having a good hand of cards....
But playing a poor hand well.
Sorry for the poor spelling in my posts my friends and family marvel at how someone reasonably educated can be so poor at spelling
f1steveuk

Re: Leo's Wiki Page

Post by f1steveuk »

Here I am!!! I could point you to the chapter on Leo in the book Leap Into Legend, written with Leo's help and editing, so I know that's right!!! As examples Joan was Leo's nickname for his wife, not her real name, and Leo left Forestti to go and work for Malcolm while still in his employment, Leo never mention to me being "seiously burnt"! Leo met MC when he and the "Maestro" delivered two Ballot "Targa" cars to MC, and Leo stayed on.

I'm quite happy to send you the chapter as a word file, as corrected by Leo himself.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Digitaljunior

Post by Digitaljunior »

Well Done Mike - good effort.

I personally have as much admiration for collecting items for Leo as I do for DMC.

I have a few of his photographs with his handwriting on the rear and his books, one which he signed.

Can't add any detail at this stage but I'm more than pleased you have made the effort to update the information.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Failing that you could always try going out on a Friday neet as an option :P
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

In my defence I should have done Leo's page (and Ken's for that matter), but Wiki' and I don't get on. They wouldn't even allow me to edit the page about me (!!!) in which I developed a nasty attack of extra wife (surely one is enough?) an extra child and other sundry cock ups. Apprently I wasn't qaulified to edit it :shock:

In the end I was allowed, but I just asked them to remove it instead.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................