Donald Campbell's Road Cars

Techteam

Re: Donald Campbell's Road Cars

Post by Techteam »

Nah, this one, You got the spinners I got the Corgi. Even the rightish colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

The forerunner of the mighty AC Cobra. When I can no longer ride motorcycles, I plan to have one of those [.]

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Bill
Donald did infact own an Aceca, one of my favourite cars and apparently he owned it for two years. Gina often says this was unusual because he would change his cars every few months or so. The Aceca Donald owned was I believe the motor show car from 1954. AC did an upgrade on the engine in 1956 and Donald was first inline for more power from memory. Thats why the time line shows he kept it for two years

They did one up on car S.O.S recently ( a lovely silvery colour with an emotional tale of the chap who had owned it since the early seventies until ill health struck) I fell in love with the car it seemed to have many lines derived from differing cars in its make up.

There was an article on it years ago and Robbie actually drove the car as they used Coniston and Peir Cottage as the usual back drop. I will look it out and bring it up on Saturday for you if you want? The car was dark blue even black I recall and it was totally restored back in the mid eighties at a considerable cost to the owner who subsequently died before he had chance to really drive the car! It then ended up in the Midlands Motor Museum which closed down in 2000 or 2001 I think,the car was then auctioned off I believe. To it was good to go sixteen years ago and would imagine it is with somebody who is looking after it. Or Perhaps another considerable chunk of money is needed on the aluminium body which has the same dissimullar metal corrosion much like a certain Blue boat :D

Do you want the reg number?

Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

this one ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

That's the one, oh and you can add the word p**s to the upper 2 words you wind up merchant.