Coniston- January 1967/January 2013/2014

bluebirdsback

Re: Coniston- January 1967/January 2013/2014

Post by bluebirdsback »

Just to Clarify. I have been in touch with the M.D.R.O (Mackem Drinking Records Organisation)
As in speed records there are different clasifications of drinker.

For the novice drinker.

Rules are to qualify for a record

1) Drinker must go no longer than 11 minutes between pints including waiting time at the bar.

2) Drinker must down at least 5 pints before a toilet break. (Immediate diqualification)

3) Snacks such as a packet of crisps or bag of nuts is allowed providing they come within the 11 minutes waiting time at the bar.

4( Throwing up or mention of drinking water or soft drink. immediate disqualification

Proffesional rules are much tougher and i am the joint owner of that record along with my uncle Jim who have been recorded as having 21.5 pints in a twelve hour session during a trip to Bradford in 1978.

However as Mike hails from Newcastle these days those rules dont apply so much, as any Geordie who can sup 6 pints or more in one session is eligable for a record. As Mike achived this his record for this year stands
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

However as Mike hails from Newcastle these days those rules dont apply so much, as any Geordie who can sup 6 pints or more in one session is eligable for a record. As Mike achived this his record for this year stands
Erm... I will have you know that Mike is officially from 'south' where beer is served warm, flat and with a dead wasp in the bottom of a split plastic glass and up here in Geordieland six pints is barely enough to wash the dust away!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

bluebirdsback wrote:?..... i am the joint owner of that record along with my uncle Jim who have been recorded as having 21.5 pints in a twelve hour session during a trip to Bradford in 1978.
That knocks any Geordie record into a cocked hat, as you were in West Yorkshire and therefore drinking proper ale instead of being given the choice between gnat's micturition from a tap or treacle water from a bottle.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Have checked the M.D.R.O rules and having dust on the throat before starting a session doesnt constitute penalty points. So. Bill despite being a Geordie meets the requrements of A class drinker. As i said before the rules are much stricter in this class. And penalty points apply
Example.

Rule 14- 26 Picking a fight with the littlest bloke in the pub will result in a pint deduction

Rule 14-27 Chatting up the ugliest bird in the pub 2 pint deduction

Rule 26 - 7 Supping another mans pint by mistake also known as snecking, Rules are that amount of beer snecked will be awarded to the true owner of the pint, Rather like an own goal in football.

Bill also made a good point on Southern beer so checked this aswell. Beer brewed south of the Yorkshire border comes in the class of N.C.A.R.B ( Not classed as real beer) or S.N.D. (Southern nancys drink) M.R.D.O has classified this along with soft drinks, water and non alcholic lager so anyone coming from the south of Yorkshire will have to start at the novice scale as Mike did with 2 pints andd work thier way up. For further information please log on to our website.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

mtskull
Remember some strange brews while setting the record. sure one of them was green witches tit or something as daft. Bloody strong brews all the same, still attempted to read my book on the way home though
Richie

Post by Richie »

Bill they have to drink more in Sunderland mate.... Helps wash down all the babies they have eaten.....they eat they're own over there mate.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."