New BBC Documentary

rob565uk

Re: New BBC Documentary

Post by rob565uk »

Indeed! I will be watching on Sunday for sure.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Renegadenemo wrote:Great photography, I thought, when they were at our place, and I'm sure Neil kept a tight rein on the historical accuracy. I never liked that projecting film onto stuff and I found the last doco with toilet doors, gravel car parks and gas tanks truly awful but that's just personal opinion.
It'll be interesting to see whether they can re-tell a story that's been done a dozen times, and called Speed King once already, and keep it fresh and informative. Certainly hope so...
Actually this will be the third time the title "Speed King" has been used Bill as you have the Original one with Robert Hardy playing Sir Malcolm and featuring Donald as a school boy. Then you had the "Speed King" Narrated by Nigel Davenport produced by Challenger Investments for W.H.Smith. I was disappointed to learn the title was to be "Speed King" not very original or new! I just hope the content and facts are watertight, and I do hope Ashley has done his homework on all things Campbell and we get some unseen footage without the silly mistake's (which he could have had but he ran out of time re new footage). Anyway lets reserve judgement until after the show folks. It keeps the memory of the Donald in people minds at least. "There's no such think as bad publicity" who said that :)
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Excelsior2007

Donald Campbell: Speed King

Post by Excelsior2007 »

Just to let everyone know that on Sunday night there is going to be a programme about Donald Campbell on BBC 2 at 8pm. Here is a link on the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rrk63

Merged into existing thread -Mike
Richie

Post by Richie »

Was it any good lads ? I could not get to a tv in time ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

It should be in BBC iplayer soon enough Richie. Not too bad and a lot better than the last one.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Wallis

Post by Wallis »

Interesting programme. Is there any footage of K4 on the water with the Goblin engine? At one point during the programme K4 seems to have exhaust stubs and a jet engine soundtrack!
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Good to see that there were some positive words about the programmep on twitter by jake Humphrey, the until recently bbc f1 presenter.
Mentallica

Post by Mentallica »

Really enjoy'd the programme last night, well worth the watch.
top marks to all involved.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I thought it was really well done. For me it was the quality of the photography and production that made the difference. I enjoyed it.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If only they'd all left a quid on the way through we'd have neough money to finish the job!
The doco did bring a welcome flurry of donations and sales, though, which is much needed at the mo as we're skint again and facing some expensive rivet purchases for those sponsons. There're lots of tight spaces inside them where we're going to have to use blind rivets and you just know we'll have to use the best of the best.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.