New BBC Documentary

captain sparkle

Re: New BBC Documentary

Post by captain sparkle »

Enjoyed that,
the piece of film with the audio was moving.
As Marillion did say-
'to the gasp from the crowd'.
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

captain sparkle wrote:Enjoyed that,
the piece of film with the audio was moving.
As Marillion did say-
'to the gasp from the crowd'.
Yes, agreed - really very moving. I thought the overall programme good and some pieces of film were new to me. I am with Mike regarding Ken Norris and Leo - they needed more emphasis. The only other disappointment for me is that the rebuild of K7 got no proper detailed mention. It would have been good to round off a look at the past by looking forward.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The only other disappointment for me is that the rebuild of K7 got no proper detailed mention.
On the contrary - by leaving it hanging with the boat obviously out of the lake but no clue as to what had happened to it since they inadvertantly sent the whole world to our website and, better still, to our shop! Can we have another doco next week please?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:
On the contrary - by leaving it hanging with the boat obviously out of the lake but no clue as to what had happened to it since they inadvertantly sent the whole world to our website and, better still, to our shop! Can we have another doco next week please?
- OK, I didn't realise the impact had been so high - but its good news - great stuff :D

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

Sir does this mean we get to rivet sponsons together after all ? (In my best Oliver Twist voice)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Pullman99

Post by Pullman99 »

Mixed views on this programme by me but, as the volume of hits on the website proves, the subject is obviously of immense interest to many people - and many people well below the age of 40 I would suggest too! Thought the contributions from Anthony Robinson and John Pearson were excellent and very moving. I read John Pearson's book "Bluebird and the Dead Lake" as soon as it was published and I still have the copy I bought at the time. Although I had been following Donald's exploits from around 1960, it was Pearson's book that developed that interest further and added greatly to my understanding of the scale of these great projects. Overall, whilst not adding anything new, a very worthwhile contribution to keeping the Bluebird and Cambell names to the fore so well done to all concerned.
Ian Robinson
Bluebird K7 - the restoration project of the Century.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

They just showed it again on BBC2 - more hits, more interest, bring it on!

Wonderboot

Post by Wonderboot »

Just shown this to my nearly-seven-year-old son who, when seeing the bit with the Beatles in being cheered but not DMC, asked 'why are they cheering them but not him? Speed is way cooler than rock music...' Just before he asked my wife, 'Mummy, can I have a go at that when I'm grown up?' We've got another convert, folks!
I'm getting a lot of bloody row in here...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

My two (aged seven and four) were born into the Bluebird Project - they come to the workshop every week to pinch the biscuits and know exactly what daddy and all the other volunteers are up to. They have literally waited their whole lives to see the tin machine go, and do they remind me!
They like the Beatles too... and Dire Straits, and Marillion, and Genesis and Pink Floyd and some lot called One Direction??

Pullman99

Post by Pullman99 »

Just a heads up. This programme is being repeated tonight (Tuesday 26th January) at 2000 on BBC4
Ian Robinson
Bluebird K7 - the restoration project of the Century.