The Widget Department Needs You!

quicksilver-wsr

Re: The Widget Department Needs You!

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

It just goes to show what's knocking about. One man's junk is another man's treasure-trove.

Someone once referred to we British as "a nation of hoarders". I think that's certainly true. I've been amazed down the years at what survives in people's workshops, garages and lofts.

The enemies of this fine tradition of hoarding are the home make-over programmes that encourage everyone to clear out anything they haven't used in the past 12 months. And the take-overs of small firms by larger ones, who rapidly "consolidate" and turf anything superfluous into the skip for recycling.

In a lean, mean, green, slimmed-down world, where will the treasure-trove be when future generations go looking?

Nigel
Renegadenemo

Re: The Widget Department Needs You!

Post by Renegadenemo »

In a lean, mean, green, slimmed-down world, where will the treasure-trove be when future generations go looking?
Ah - but useful junk is like life itself. No matter how hard the conditions it always finds a way to persist in some little enclave - in this case a big empty house where no one has yet arrived to sling everything.

A great spot by Admiral Aspirin there and we still need a little more of it in the smaller diameter so everyone keep looking out. The clue is in the name - the widget dept. needs you.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.