Richie's Little Tank

Richie

Re: Richie's Little Tank

Post by Richie »

Had not realised the voltages involved were so high ! Wiki makes reference to 500v across certain parts of the set ! That cannot be right surely ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Yes, that's the level of high tension (HT) supply to the thermionic valves. Not to be trifled with!

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

Scary stuff !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

The Geoacoustics sonar we used to use had 400v DC on the pins at the towfish end. Used to scare the life out of me!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Richie

Post by Richie »

The thought of being sat in a metal box with this thing next to your legs then developing a short
Richie

Post by Richie »

Amongst other things today, Nathan and I had a bit mess about with the camera. I am not much good with the photoshop malarkey but give me time !

Took loads more but need to erase the background out and then somehow put a desert scape in its place !
Richie

Post by Richie »

Renegadenemo wrote:

Here is what the setup should look like in a Mk.1 carrier
Uh oh... someone got to make that wire cage arrangement to go over the front. I'm off that week... :lol:
Yep and it's not round bar but rather fine U section bent and welded ! What a pig !
sbt

Post by sbt »

I thought the military vehicle followers here, including Richie, would like to know.

Earlier today there was an accident with a privately owned M18 Hellcat on a range in Bend, Oregon, during an event that was being filmed. There was an explosion in the (open topped) turret and two occupants were killed. One of them was the owner, Steve Preston.

The cause is currently unknown and the vehicle has not yet been recovered from the range. However one occupant survived the initial explosion and was able to talk to medical personnel. Sadly he died before he could be extracted from the vehicle.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Spoke to one of the collectors over there, they had a hang fire on the main armament, rather than leaving the shell in battery, they cleared it and it went off out of battery....you can work out what happened next.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Spoke to one of the collectors over there, they had a hang fire on the main armament, rather than leaving the shell in battery, they cleared it and it went off out of battery....you can work out what happened next.
And again - for those who don't understand tank-speak?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler