Forthcoming Event

Renegadenemo

Forthcoming Event

Post by Renegadenemo »

I've been asked to flag this in case anyone would like to attend. Not sure if any of us will be able to make it as Saturday is our main workshop day but you never know.

Book Signing and Film Show at the Ruskin Museum on Saturday 26 July.

Following on from events at Brooklands and Beaulieu, David de Lara will be signing his new heavily illustrated book, The Unobtainable : The Story of Blue [about Sir Malcolm Campbell], in Coniston, in Coniston Institute's Reading Room, between 2pm and 4pm on Saturday 26 July.

At 4pm he will be showing a 90 minute film about Donald Campbell.

The publication of the book has been sponsored by Longines.

In conjunction with the Book Signing and Film, an exhibition of Longines time-keeping equipment, as used to validate the Campbell World Records from 1937 to 1967, will be on special display in The Bluebird Wing at The Ruskin Museum. This will run until 31 August. The museum is open daily from 10am until 5.30pm.

Until 7 September, there will also be a Memorial Exhibition of the late Peter Miller's Bluebird/ Campbell oil paintings, in The Ruskin Museum. Peter died on 31 January after a long battle with cancer. These are his last paintings.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Re: Forthcoming Event

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Would love to be there but an early flight away on holiday the following morning means wont be able to make it. :(
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

The new book by David DeLara normal copy approx £55. And the all singing, dancing special edition Longines version comes in at £155.00 :shock: The video presentation alone is well worth the making the trip to Coniston. This has unseen footage and a lot of new colour film that not many of you out there will have seen before. Looks set to be an excellent weekend which I will have to give my apologies to the lads and Mr. Smith as have been asked to lend a hand at the Ruskin. Have already moved half the Campbell wing display area in order to fit in the Longines display. Hope to see some new and old faces next weekend.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

The Coniston event should be well worthwhile if Brooklands was anything to go by, superb new video and fabulous book by David de Lara and quite something to be around Tonia and all her memories of DC.

The Speed Record Club's Facebook page has a number of pics of the Brooklands day here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 720&type=1

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.