Infinity (and beyond?)

polo

Re: Infinity (and beyond?)

Post by polo »

Hi Nigel, No problem re the interview stuff, if you find it I w[and Tony] would appreciate a copy.

I note you say you have Nick Kerrell's contact details, I can categorically state he is no longer on the details he gave you re the address on the Isle of Wight. He was only 'staying' at the address with a female friend. He left the address owing [as I was told, so it may not be correct] thousands on a phone bill. I always wondered why he rang me at 11pm ! I did have several conversations with the Area Police Officer who covered the IOW address who was trying to contact him. The last place I knew he was at was in stockport where the Land Rover was recovered.
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

I was well aware that my contact details for the fellow would be out of date by now. It was an awfully long time ago.

My method for "testing" folks like him, who talk as if money is no object and raise my suspicions, worked a treat when he turned his focus on me and started ringing me on a frequent basis. Since he was talking about setting up a meeting and told me he lived on the Isle of Wight, I simply suggested that he fly up to East Midlands Airport, where I would meet him for a coffee and a chat.

A man who had money and was serious would book the flight, stump up the necessary for their return ticket, and hop on the next plane - and I knew that. So that was my way of smoking him out, for as you can guess he rapidly began to backpeddle.

But, heck, why waste time on Nick Kerrell. This was nothing but a distraction to me at the time. He didn't rip me off. So I've no complaints. It is all ancient history now.

Nigel
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I was once invited to get involved in a dive centre in a hot place, which grew into an invitation to buy a share in the company. On consideration I liked the idea and asked the owner how he'd spend the fresh investment. On two new desperately needed dive boats, said he emphatically. So I offered to buy them, run them and take them home to the UK if the venture didn't work out, which is when the back-pedalling began. No, he wanted me to buy in with hard cash, which made me very suspicious, so I baled out causing much interest amongst the circle of people there who thought I was about to join them.
And so, one by one, it was me they called when strange things began to happen. One bloke got hit for 75k in a very cunning but totally bogus land deal whilst a young lad got so enthused that his parents bought him in then his life was made so miserable that he went home in tears, to mention only a couple of incidents, and all the while the bloke in charge was building villas and opening bars.
The guy who'd put his life savings into the land deal started proceedings but the perpetrator died soon afterwards and the money was never traced.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
polo

Post by polo »

Amazing how some people think they can get away with things, then get caught on the simplest of question. We had a 'Lord' at Speed Record week a year or two ago wanting to put money into fast boats. Simple checks [No Lords made during the period he stated he had been made a 'Lord] and his registered IP address of his Computer showed him not to be what he claimed. Unless he was a 'Laird' and had bought his title in Scotland. Even so the address showed it was very doubtful he had the means to back up his talk.
Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco »

Thank you all for your input on this thread. It seems 'infinity' itself, being a recognised mathematical symbol, can be used with impunity - but combined with 'K7' treads on corporate toes? Anyway, seeing as the thread now encompasses many's a tangential shift...was that Bill's question on Radio 4 the other week?