Designated K7

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Designated K7

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

OK - no more detective work required! I've found it ...

It's a 1961 Höfner Colorama II: http://www.vintagehofner.co.uk/vintageh ... sol11.html

The one illustrated is owned by a Mr. Mike Bishop of Surrey. It's immaculate - unlike mine, which nowadays has some bits missing, including the tremolo arm.

This is a legacy of the fact that I was bored with it by 1972, as it wasn't an aeroplane.

Nigel
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

One in need of total restoration, would be between £150 and £200, and immaculate one around £300 to £400, if it was something a collector had to have, so ballpark £250 to £350. What has broken up the value is they did a re-issue, but there's always someone who wants the "real thing"!! Me? I'd keep it, I so wish I still had my first electric, not just because last time I sa one it was priced at £1500 (mine was £12 when I brought it!!), but because it was my first. Sold it to buy a new crash helmet after an accident.
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

There was a Pentax DSLR called the K7 too.

Weather sealed, so with a lens equipped with the same seals it'd cope with the absolute worst Coniston could throw at it short of submersion.
Matt in Mid Wales
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

f1steveuk wrote:Me? I'd keep it, I so wish I still had my first electric, not just because last time I saw one it was priced at £1500 (mine was £12 when I brought it!!), but because it was my first. Sold it to buy a new crash helmet after an accident.
I'll be hanging onto mine for now. It lives out the years wrapped in a black bin-liner, in a cupboard in the spare bedroom. But that's not really how an electric guitar should live. So one day I reckon I'll set it free and turn it into money that I can use for something more useful. Plus, it will then be in the hands of someone who can actually use it!

Growing up in 1960s, having a guitar was one of the things that loads of kids like me did, and I loved learning new chords on my acoustic guitar. But then I hankered after an electric one to go with it, and because we weren't a well-off family Dad bought mine second-hand as a Christmas gift for me, 1970. The problem was that we lived in a semi-detached house back then, and plugging that thing in and practising chord sequences would not have gone down well with our next-door neighbours! So Dad got me a tiny, tiny amp ... but made sure it never worked. So, with mine being a solid-body guitar, there was no sound to be heard! Madness, when I look back. The guitar was effectively useless.

So the inevitable happened. My interests swung more and more towards aviation and the guitar became a toy that me and my friends could act around with, bored during long summer holidays when it was raining and we couldn't go out and play football.

And that's how a guitar that was in excellent condition when I got it ended up with bits missing. Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young!

Nigel
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

I know exactly what you mean Nigel. I was just getting on with the guitar (a WEM Sapphire) and got into karting (a friends father, I could never of afforded it), and needed a crash helmet ( my first was a Griffin GP), both the WEM and the Griffin are worth money, and I have neither!!

Youth? I'm desperatly trying not to grow up even now!!
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Just need a seven pint capacity glass.................