20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - The Diving Thread

Renegadenemo

Re: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - The Diving Thread

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:03 am

Andrea Doria is heralded as a difficult wreck to dive, I am told it is A bit of a Mecca for Tec divers.
I don't think it can be that difficult, it's in 70m but that's 30m less than Britannic. Certainly not a beginner's dive but almost routine for a tech diver. I suspect the reason it claims so many divers is because there's so many divers on it and the laws of averages claim the right number. Put the same volume of traffic on Britannic and it would push up the price of body bags.
There's a good book about diving the Doria called Deep Descent and another about the sinking called Colision Course if anyone is interested.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

Richie

Post by Richie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Speaking to some that have dived it, there are apparently issues with tricky currents too.
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Speaking to some that have dived it, there are apparently issues with tricky currents too.
For tricky currents the Sound of Mull is a hard one to beat, or even the Farne Islands. I'd be interested to know what went wrong in this case - a fiver says it was a breather issue.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."