Can anyone Identify this part please ?

Richie

Re: Can anyone Identify this part please ?

Post by Richie »

The ragged edges look like they have been subjected to some heat ? Or is that just corrosion ?

Don't think I have noticed anything on K7 being subject of spot welding ? It looks very air crafty....

Like Mike has said, maybe send it in, he has an ability to ID fragments of aircraft, wing bits...engine mounts....
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Harmony

Post by Harmony »

Terminator wrote:Hi Harmony
If there is a chance we could meet I probably know the gent who lives in Hawkshead to whom you are referring or would at least recognize him. My name is Novie Dzinora and I live in Coniston and I am a longstanding member of the Bluebird project and helped recover many parts not to mention the big bit that came out on 8th March 2001. Mr. John Wood still alive was the Policemen in Coniston at the time and Mr. Mason was his special Constable sadly passed away. Are you still in Coniston could we perhaps meet and i could take a close look at the said item? We could have a drink in the Bluebird cafe or better a local pub?
Novie
Coniston
Hi Novie,no problem with any of that but i wont be back up to Coniston until next weekend,dependent on the weather.I am oly a fairweather sailor ;) .I will PM you with my contact number and bring the bit of :?: with me.

All the best H
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Thanks for that Harmony look forward to seeing your bit of tin.
Cheers
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Harmony
Have sent you a pm as had a bit of trouble login in past two days but all sorted now thanks to Mike. Done a bit of digging and think I may have the answer for you.
Look forward to meeting with you.
Cheers
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

And I trust there will be a posting to this forum once the 'mystery' is solved Novie! Looking forward to Monday now.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations